Booking for a Friend, Room Requests

m3owbox

Mouseketeer
Hello all. I booked for a friend using my membership and since their vacation is just around the corner it says online check in is available. Can they do this? I've heard it has to be the member? If so and I have to do it, I have to link it through MDE correct? Thanks for any help.

As far as I know, they can do online check-in from the My Disney Experience website. One thing they should not do is select any room requests while doing online check-in. You, as the member, should make room requests through Member Services.

So there is an option for room requests but they arnt allowed to pick anything? What happens if they do pick something

Online checkin is available to them. They can check boxes for requests if they would like.

I think people have been getting confused between online checkin requests (which are sometimes strange and not always useful but that goes for all resorts not just dvc) vs requests made by calling in. Since non members cannot call about the reservation at all, if a request is to be made by phone that has to be done by the member.

And if you've called to make a request for them, then they shouldn't make requests online because the online requests will get rid of the phone requests.

But if online checkin is the only place requests are made then it's fine.

Online checkin is available to them. They can check boxes for requests if they would like.

I think people have been getting confused between online checkin requests (which are sometimes strange and not always useful but that goes for all resorts not just dvc) vs requests made by calling in. Since non members cannot call about the reservation at all, if a request is to be made by phone that has to be done by the member.

And if you've called to make a request for them, then they shouldn't make requests online because the online requests will get rid of the phone requests.

Ohhhh okay. I didn't need to call to make any requests so they should be good to check in then. I was really confused.

How about the "travel with " request? I have informed MS, can my sister do on line check in, make no requests? Or, should we just check in together in person?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter