Booking flights

Isila

There is a big beautiful tomorrow
I'm off to book DLP and came with a huge problem - the flights.
I want to do a budget trip, but it seems budget flights won't be working for me.

I'm looking at last week of March. would love to arrive on 31st and leave on Sunday 6th April after Sunday brunch and inventions. So Sunday is a must.

So now the problems begin. Cheap airlines haven't posted their flights for April yet. And they fly on certain days. So it's Monday, Wednesday and Friday. No flights posted from 31st March... should I take the risk and wait? But I'm sure I'd have to do overnight stay.

I'm left with airbaltic and Lufthansa.
We traveled with Lufthansa last year, but you can guess the price ain't cheap. But it's CDG and everyday.

I'd love not to do overnight stay. But this means 6.45 am flight. I wonder how my kids will feel after such an early morning.

There's a later arrival flight arriving 18.15, but no point going in parks that day. So overnight stay?

airbaltic gives me arrival 17.50, so no point going in parks either.

Lufthansa departure is nice 17.55, so we do the brunch and leave. A nice way to end vacation.

Airbaltic times are nuts, so it's either no Sunday brunch or overnight stay.

So, there are some must: would love to be there from 31st, Sunday is a must. Would love to pay less. No so keen on overnight stays.

what would you do?

Personally, I would go for the early morning flight. We get kids up at 4.30 am when we go and they handle it really well. Just make sure they go to bed at a reasonable time the first night! But my kids are early risers anyway, so I suppose it depends how much your kids like mornings :).

the flight is 6.45am, so 2 hours before at the airport. I think we could manage 1, so 5.45. And at least 1 hour to get to the airport. Let's say 1,5 hour. So depart from home 4.15 am. Oh my..... :sad2: If I could manage them to get some sleep on the plane. But this would get us to DLP just after 11am. Whole day in park. Slow day maybe.

6 nights come to 385 pounds and 7 nights 440 pounds. The difference is 55 pounds. Would a get a cheaper overnight stay next to DLP? On the other hand 55 is a nice sum to add to Sunday Brunch bill :lmao:
How do you do your first day after such an early start?
Do your kids get some sleep on plane?

We always do an early flight. Same kind of times - somewhere between 6.30am and 7am. We are generally up at 3.45am to get ready. Normal check in is at around 4.50am - Im a stickler for being there on time. I rather wait at the gate as I panic in the airport and am nervous until take off!

We always stay the night before at an airport hotel - we got a bargain this time, nicer hotel then the travelodge plus parking for our holiday for €55. They have a shuttle to the airport for €1 for me and the kids are free.

I find the kids might nap a little on the flight (our flight is 1hr 30min or there abouts) but generally are too excited. They do tend to nap in the shuttle on the trip from the airport to DLP - flights to Beauvais works great for this as they get a longer nap!
We get checked in and are hitting the parks at 11am and stay going flat out until dinner! We fall into bed and sleep until breakfast but we always get the most done on our 1st day. Normally at least 10 rides/shows. I don't know where we get all the energy - maybe its just excitement! The rest of our holiday is always at a much slower pace :)

so it's not so bad, right? :confused3 I doubt flights to Beauvais will have good times. Maybe we'll be lucky enough for early arrival and late departure. At the moment it's 8 am departure, so we should stay at a hotel next to Beauvais. But it would work out way cheaper than Lufthansa. On the other hand traveling with "normal" airlines is more fun.
We'll the bookings i made, now to look for the flights and see what happens.

Our airport isn't big, so 1.5 hour before flight should be fine.

Isila, we are booked the same as you almost. March 31st - 4th April. I have spoken to Easyjet and I know they are releasing their flight details in the 1st week of September for all spring/summer next year so perhaps you could wait a week or so before booking flights as easyhet will be invariably cheaper. I have no idea about when Ryanair release their flights for Mar/Apr.

We are flying from Edinburgh, or perhaps Glasgow if cheaper or better times available and hoefully the prices are good even though it will be easter holidays time :)

Isila, we are booked the same as you almost. March 31st - 4th April. I have spoken to Easyjet and I know they are releasing their flight details in the 1st week of September for all spring/summer next year so perhaps you could wait a week or so before booking flights as easyhet will be invariably cheaper. I have no idea about when Ryanair release their flights for Mar/Apr.

We are flying from Edinburgh, or perhaps Glasgow if cheaper or better times available and hoefully the prices are good even though it will be easter holidays time :)

That's the dates we are going too, and we are planning on flying with easyjet from Edinburgh too :)

I'm not from UK :sad2:

Donald Ducks Wife - yeh we are going same dates in March/April........ even spookier we are also going the exact dates in October !!! Easyjet have confirmed that Wed 4th Sep they will release April flight details :)

I'm going the same dates march 31st to April 4th also. I will be flying from Dublin though so easy jet is out for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter