• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking excursions/dining when booking through rented DVC

morganuit

Earning My Ears
Could someone tell me what the process is like to book these things when you are staying on rented DVC points? At what point can they be booked? Thanks!

Disney doesn't care how you are staying at the resort.. I have booked the spa, excursions and dining with a stay on rented points. Anyone can visit Aulani so they don't care how you are there. Its Disney after all, they want your money. When I booked all of these they never asked me if I was staying on property.

I used the website to book dining and the luau four months in advance. Maybe it can be done sooner than that, but everything I wanted was easily available at that time. As previous poster mentioned, they don't care if you are a regular hotel guest, not a hotel guest, renting DVC, a DVC member when you make dining reservations. You just select the date, time and number of guests and then get an email confirmation. No credit card needed for dining reservations. Luau we had to pay for in full.

Everyone is eligible to book these things at the same time, regardless of how you are staying. I booked dining and my spa appointment roughly six months in advance with no issue. Neither are as urgent as WDW dining, however.

The restaurants do fill up during peak times. I tried to make dining reservations a week before when we were there for this past Thanksgiving and there wasn’t a single one available the entire week for a party of six. It’s not something you want to leave to the last minute if you know you’re going to want to go to one of the reservation required restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter