• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking dining

jmcross

One way to get tagged is to have a tag sale :)
How many days out can I book DLP dining if I’m staying Compass Club at Newport Bay?
Is it via app or phone? Which is best?
Anyone know the time of day when booking opens?
Thanks!

Book via the app - and it can be pretty early if you are staying at a DL resort hotel. I don't believe the "level" of room makes a difference. I did mine more than 90 days out: BUT Walts didn't open up for availability until 60 day mark, and my travel agent was the one who called to find Cinderella's Table for me.

When I look on the app I’m only able to see 60 days out.
Will 90 days out open up from the first day of my stay?

The DLP website says I can book 12 months out if staying at a DLP resort yet I can only see 2 months out on the app.
Help!

I wonder how much of 2023 is available to anyone yet. I am traveling in spring as well but can only view 2 months out.

I wonder if 2 months out is the standard for everyone.
When I look for anything 2 months out, nothing is available at dinner. No Walt's, Chez Remy, Captain Jacks.
Are they all booked up already?
How are others able to book beyond 2 months out?

I am having the same issue. I'm staying at Newport Bay in May and am unable to see any dining reservations beyond the 2 month mark, despite it being all over the website etc that Disney hotel guests can book 12 months out. I tried googling around and got no helpful answers. People say you need to tap on the date and it asks you to sign in, but I can't even scroll beyond January without the error message popping up.

I booked through Attraction Tickets and they told me I should be able to do it, and offered no help when I said I couldn't.

I still say some people are booking dining somehow prior to 60 days.
Mostly every restaurant is booked when the 60 day window opens.

From what I read on social media, the dining for most of 2023 should open when the dining packages and park hours are announced for 2023 which is supposed to be 11/29. (I think) They also said that dining doesn't open all at once and some restaurants open their dining closer to the dates. We're first timers so no experience with this. If you want character dining, you have to do that differently though from what it said.

In theory, you can book DLP dining up to one year in advance if you are staying onsite. However one of DLP's "fun" operational quirks is that it doesn't seem to actually open up for bookings on a particular schedule.

For my 2022 trip, I booked my hotel a few months in advance and was able to book dining right away. For my 2023 trip, we're 11 months out and I'm just getting an "oops too early" message despite having an email from DLP telling me I can book dining. So now I'm just checking every few days to see if anything has changed!

I called DLP and was told dining would open for the rest of 2023 for resort guests on 11/29.
I’m checking today and NOTHING!
*sigh*

Keep checking the app for the restaurants you want - it seems to be the only way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter