Booking Concierge

disneyfan888

DIS Veteran
Hello all. I have a question.
We are looking to book a new DCL reservation and are considering concierge. If for any reason we need to change the sail date prior to the PIF deadline, can we do so without penalty or does booking concierge change that?
We have moved ressies in the past, but they have not been concierge and I had read that moving a concierge reservation is subject to a penalty, is this true?

Also, we have our hearts set on a particular date and would like to book early to secure the room, but we have a cruise coming up in a couple of months. Can I go ahead, book now and cancel and re-book on the cruise in order to get the discounts and stateroom credit? Would this be applicable if we booked concierge?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Have a lovely weekend. :)

We are looking to book a new DCL reservation and are considering concierge. If for any reason we need to change the sail date prior to the PIF deadline, can we do so without penalty or does booking concierge change that?
We have moved ressies in the past, but they have not been concierge and I had read that moving a concierge reservation is subject to a penalty, is this true?

Also, we have our hearts set on a particular date and would like to book early to secure the room, but we have a cruise coming up in a couple of months. Can I go ahead, book now and cancel and re-book on the cruise in order to get the discounts and stateroom credit? Would this be applicable if we booked concierge?

Technically, deposits on Concierge bookings are non-refundable, regardless of when you cancel. However, DCL has, in the past, allowed concierge deposits to be moved to a different cruise date.

Usually, it's a good idea to book now and "reshop" the cruise once onboard. Since the discounts are taken on the cost of the cruise on the day you make the onboard booking, if the prices have increased enough, it's possible that there would be no savings to rebook. I don't know how it works with Concierge (non-refundable deposit) situation, though. But the Onboard booking perks are only applicable to categories 4-11. Not Concierge.

If concierge rooms qualify for the reduced deposit for booking on-board.
Here's what the onboard booking policy is:

Offer valid for categories 4-11 only. Offer not valid for Concierge-level categories, IGT, OGT, and VGT categories with restrictions, and 2 night cruises.

So, any benefits to doing the onboard booking are not valid on Concierge bookings.

That said, I believe the "regular" deposit is 20%. Am I wrong? The onboard booking deposit is 10% on cruises of 7 nights and longer (for qualifying categories).

We have changed our concierge room without penalty. You can even switch from concierge to a non-concierge room without penalty but the deposit always will remain non refundable.
You will not get 20% off concierge rooms when booking onboard.
Have a great cruise!

You can't get the 10% OBC on a concierge cabin.

I meant 10% deposit, typo. Thanks for clarifying. I think we will go ahead and book as soon as we get the ok with the dates. Thanks again everyone. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter