• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking Before Discounts

cdispoto

Earning My Ears
If I book a Disney vacation now for January 2019 and then a great deal become available in September, can I call up and get the deal rate or am I locked it to what I booked?

I am a Disney Visa cardholder. Not sure if that makes any difference.

You can call and have the discount applied if your room type is included, your resort is included, and they haven't hit thr limit of discounted rooms for your resort. Discounts have been getting more limited the last year or so. Just make sure you call as early as possible on the day they are released and have a backup resort in mind in case yours isn't available.

Thanks! How do I know when the discounts are released?

People usually post on here when discounts are coming out. You can also watch the Disney World website. They have a section where they post discounts.

Also, once they do post, if your room catergory is not available for the discount, keep trying. When the spring discounts came out last winter, they were not showing no available rooms on the standard view at our hotel. About a week later, standard rooms were showing with the discount. I called and saved 20% off my reservation.

I booked an October stay about ten dats ago when there was no discount for my time period. I became aware that a new discount was released today due to these boards and was able to modify my reservation online to get the discount.

The Disboards are awesome!

If I book a Disney vacation now for January 2019 and then a great deal become available in September, can I call up and get the deal rate or am I locked it to what I booked?
Thanks for this question (and the answers!) because I just booked for Jan 2019. I'm a new Annual Passholder so, maybe, a discount will come up for AoA later in the year.

I am a Disney Visa cardholder. Not sure if that makes any difference.
You can change your reservation to the deal rate, but only if the rate is available for the resort you want. You'll be in essense making a different reservation, even if the CM doesn't call it that & you keep the same number. What you are not doing is "applying" the deal to your current ressie- that's a common misconception & it doesn't work that way. Your current ressie is only for a rack rate room, and you can only switch to the deal if a discounted room that you want happens to be available if you call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter