Booking ADRs - Credit Card

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
My ADR date is tomorrow morning and I have a couple questions.
I know that reservations require a credit card in case of no shows.

1. Does the credit card entered have to be the same one that you are paying off the trip? Or can you have one for ADR and one for your overall account and trip payment?
  2. Is it better to pre-save credit card info? It looks like there is an option under Profile in MDE.

It doesn't have to be the same card. You could pay for that dinner with cash if you wanted. The card is just to secure the spot (and I think it started awhile back as a way to stop people from reserving a whole bunch of spots "just in case." It wasn't always a requirement. At first it was only on the most high demand places. Now it's more broadly used.

Saving info is a personal preference. Some people don't want it kept in the system for security reasons, some like to save it on file for convenience. That one is a personal choice.

Thanks for the quick reply. Good to know that we can use different cards (or even cash). I suppose it would save time to store it. Am only booking 3 ADRs but two are hard to get ones.

Thanks for the quick reply. Good to know that we can use different cards (or even cash). I suppose it would save time to store it. Am only booking 3 ADRs but two are hard to get ones.
Yes, having a credit card linked to MDE (via My Profile, may have to use website) definitely speeds up the ADR booking process, although you are given the choice to enter a different credit card at the time of booking. And when you are at WDW, if you do any mobile orders or buy G+ or ILL$, those will be charged to the credit card on file, not to your resort bill (if you're staying onsite), unless you enter a different CC number or a gift card/Disney Rewards card number.

Yes, having a credit card linked to MDE (via My Profile, may have to use website) definitely speeds up the ADR booking process, although you are given the choice to enter a different credit card at the time of booking. And when you are at WDW, if you do any mobile orders or buy G+ or ILL$, those will be charged to the credit card on file, not to your resort bill (if you're staying onsite), unless you enter a different CC number or a gift card/Disney Rewards card number.
Thank you. Will probably pre-enter my cc then so it's ready for tomorrow.
Sounds like we can have multiple CCs then..resort, adr/LL, etc.

Thank you. Will probably pre-enter my cc then so it's ready for tomorrow.
Sounds like we can have multiple CCs then..resort, adr/LL, etc.
Yes, you can have one CC attached to your MDE profile and a different one on file at your resort. You can also save other CC numbers as well as gift card numbers as notes on your phone and copy/paste them into payment information in MDE for mobile dining orders, G+, etc. if you don't want to use the CC attached to your MDE profile, which MDE will default to but not require you to use.

Yes, you can have one CC attached to your MDE profile and a different one on file at your resort. You can also save other CC numbers as well as gift card numbers as notes on your phone and copy/paste them into payment information in MDE for mobile dining orders, G+, etc. if you don't want to use the CC attached to your MDE profile, which MDE will default to but not require you to use.
Thanks for explaining. Great too that you can also attached gift cards.

Thanks.

I ended up adding my CC to my profile. However, on my ADR morning, I still had to type it in for the bookings. Not sure if I did something wrong or that feature didn't work to pick up what I had pre-saved.
Either way, I had typed the number into a notepad, so it was a quick copy and paste.

Thanks.

I ended up adding my CC to my profile. However, on my ADR morning, I still had to type it in for the bookings. Not sure if I did something wrong or that feature didn't work to pick up what I had pre-saved.
Either way, I had typed the number into a notepad, so it was a quick copy and paste.

Same here - I've noticed my saved CCs come up on the app, but not on the website (while on a computer). Thanks for your notepad suggestion!

I've had the same problem when using the web recently when booking dining reservations. I actually just defualt to my phone because it pulls up my linked cc.

The website was having problems. I added the card through my phone app and it shows up stored on the computer now.

Mine has been linked for a while but the website seems to pick and choose when it shows up. Other then dining I've had trouble with it recognizing it for Magic Band purchases recently. I've never had a problem with the app though so hopefully you should be all set for genie+

Man, I had to enter credit card info on every single reservation when I did mine for my trip next week. Surprisingly I actually got everything we wanted, still can't believe it........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter