• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking accessible rooms

stargazertechie

Toy Story Midway Maniac
So we booked a bounceback while we were at the parks in November. As time marches on, it's looking more and more likely that dad (and possibly mom as well) will need a roll-in shower due to lower body atrophy.

I called the regular CRO (as we had to change dates as well) and mentioned that we needed an accessible bathroom with a roll-in/zero entry shower. She didn't have any clue whatsoever what we needed, and told me that she "noted in my reservation" that we needed a special shower, but that it was "just a request" and there's no guarantee we'd get it. :confused3 I'm more than happy to switch resorts if there are no accessible rooms left.

Who do I need to talk to to make sure that Disney is aware of our needs?

Call back and ask again. They should talk to special services and get the room confirmed for you. If the person is clueless ask to speak with their supervisor. Be sure to say that it is for medical reasons. This isn't a request--it is a necessity!

Two choices.

One is to call Reservations again and use the term "Medically necessary" and talk to a supervisor if necessary.

The other is to have your reservation number and information in hand and call 407-939-7807 which is medical reservations. Once they get involved the issue will be resolved. They are the only ones that can actually set up reservations for the accessible rooms. The person you talked to is CRO should have put you on hold and contacted (and confirmed with) them.

Thank you both so much! I was kind of freaking out here.

CF- you are worth 10 times your weight in gold. I don't think that people thank you nearly enough for the time you spend answering questions here. You are a saint!

If you need to call again and can't find this thread to get the number, one of the posts in the disABILITIES FAQs thread covers room accommodations. The number is there, along with a lot of other information.

The disABILITIES FAQs thread is near the top of this board or you call follow the link in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter