Booking a vacation -

pinkerbell

FREE DDP 06, 07, 08, 09 & 10!!
Old AP member here. Haven't been in several years and how things have changed.
I want to compare prices, for resorts, tickets, dining plan, etc., but I don't see them broken down anywhere.
Seems very labor intensive. Used to book for myself, but wondering if a travel agent would be better at knowing discounts that may be available (disney +, AAA, Dreams Unlimited, Undercover tourist, etc) all words that are familiar, but can't put my finger on what or why.
What do you suggest for and out of practice vacationer? Looking to vacation April 11 - 15 due to a school trip for a child.
Thanks

I think the only WDW offer that fits your dates is the 30% off Rooms when you Stay 5 Nights or Longer. I would be surprised if any offers come out between now and then for April dates, but a TA could keep an eye on that for you.

The Disney+ offer is for summer. WDW and AAA parted ways years ago and the standard AAA discount like you find at many hotels hasn't been offered in years.

AAA, Dreams Unlimited and UndercoverTourist are all travel agents who may have exclusive offers but you need to deal with the agency directly. Same for websites like Expedia, Priceline, etc.

You can price tickets on the WDW website. I don't believe there is any current ticket special offer for April.

The standard Dining Plan (1 TS, 1 QS, 1 snack, refillable mug) costs $94.28 per adult and $29.69 per child. The Quick-Service Dining Plan (2QS, 1 snack, refillable mug) costs $57.01 per adult and $$23.83 per child. Prices are per night based on the length of your resort stay.

If you go on the official WDW site and click on Places to Stay and then click on View Special Offers, you will see every current discount offer. It's unlikely that any other discount for your dates in April will appear between now and your trip dates.

Undercover Tourist always has discount ticket offers. They also have discount resort offers. And they're a reliable, legit site.

I never use a travel agent, so I'm sure someone who does will be able to help you with that. I just find it completely unnecessary for a Disney vacation, and I like to have control over all my reservations, etc.

The first thing you have to decide--since you already know the dates--is how much money you want to spend. And go from there. It's really not all that hard to set up the trip by yourself. And, as of right now, a travel agent can't help you with Genie+, since it's something one does each day while you're there, not ahead of time. Read up on G+. There's a great thread on this board, where the first few pages describe the details. And of course YouTube videos. Genie+ is the biggest change since the last time you were there.

TAs are only going to book what Disney has to offer. They aren’t going to find you the best 3rd party ticket deal as they won’t get paid by a 3rd party.

Also if you’re talking 2024 you need to book your hotel NOW. You are already late. And dining reservations already opened last week so you’re late there too if you want any hot TS places.

I agree already late to book for this April since many other schools are starting Spring Break and a big travel time. TA's can't do anything you aren't able to do yourself online. The Disney website lists prices/dates/ticket packages/etc. you can book yourself. If traveling by air, you need to book those tickets WELL in advance for the best prices, particularly if traveling during peaks times.

If you have been to Disney many times in that past, then you already know where everything is located, what your preferences are and what your budget is for the trip.

A travel agent can definitely help you find the best pricing, and Dreams would be happy to help! Just be sure to let us know everything you might qualify for when submitting your request.

If you have not been in awhile then I would highly suggest using a DISNEY TA, they can walk you through a lot of new WDW stuff like G+ etc. I have done my own reservations and have used a TA, but I would not hesitate to use a TA again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter