Booking a Cabana

papertraveller

DIS Veteran
Hello All,
We will be Gold for our next cruise, and thus will stand a chance (albeit slim) of booking a cabana at Castaway Cay. We'd like to share it with others in our party, who will be on their first cruise. Total people would be six.
If we are lucky enough to get through, can we book it, and add them to the list of people with access? How is this handled?
Many thanks

Hello All,
We will be Gold for our next cruise, and thus will stand a chance (albeit slim) of booking a cabana at Castaway Cay. We'd like to share it with others in our party, who will be on their first cruise. Total people would be six.
If we are lucky enough to get through, can we book it, and add them to the list of people with access? How is this handled?
Many thanks

When you book you can either book in sole name online or people in your party. They can add names afterwards if required up to the limits allowed. If you link your reservations that will help.

Hello All,
Many thanks

Papertraveller...How did you make out booking a Cabana as a Gold Member? Were you able to get one? Did you try at midnight as most people do when their booking date opened? :confused:
Just wanted to see as we will also be Gold Members after our Feb 2014 cruise. I guess availability of the Cabanas may also depend on the Ship (more/less people) and the time of sail.

Papertraveller...How did you make out booking a Cabana as a Gold Member? Were you able to get one? Did you try at midnight as most people do when their booking date opened? :confused:
Just wanted to see as we will also be Gold Members after our Feb 2014 cruise. I guess availability of the Cabanas may also depend on the Ship (more/less people) and the time of sail.

Good Morning.
We are sailing as gold members on The Fantasy in Feb. Paid in full at 105 days and were looking for a cabana on family beach. Stayed up till midnight signed on and all that was left were 2 on serenity bay. They were gone by 12:15am. We seem to be sailing on a heavy travel week, so I guess that doesn't help.

Good Luck.

It seems that most of the cabanas are being taken by concierge guests. They are allowed to put their requests in at 150 days out.

It seems that most of the cabanas are being taken by concierge guests. They are allowed to put their requests in at 150 days out.

Disney is denying that concierge is allowed requests at 150 days out.
I was told it is still 120 days out.

Disney is denying that concierge is allowed requests at 150 days out.
I was told it is still 120 days out.

I have read on here multiply times that concierge guests have been able to put requests in at 150 days. Those requests are not finalized until 120 days out.

I have read on here multiply times that concierge guests have been able to put requests in at 150 days. Those requests are not finalized until 120 days out.

I understand, I am just saying what I was told last week.

We are on the Wonder in March, 105 days is in 2 or 3 days and there is a couple of Cabanas left. I don't think the cruises from Miami are selling as price is at opening day price still.

I guess it was possible that there were none left by the Gold Member booking time as there are a few Platinum and Concierge members (and they probably know too well the benefits of getting a Cabana on CC). I still check online in case someone cancels and intend to check with Guest Services after we board on Feb 2014.
Still think DCL should award the levels based on # days traveled VS. # of cruises.
Wonder how many people out there share the same view :confused:

I was able to snag a cabana as gold at the 105 day mark for our Feb 2nd Dream cruise. In fact, there were a few to choose from both at the Family Beach and at Serenity Bay.

DBF and I sailed in August and all the cabanas were booked from the time we booked our cruise (booked with FL resident rate so kind of last minute). When we got to castaway cay my DBF went down to the area where you check in for your cabana and asked if any were available and yup 2! We snagged one and loved every second.
Moral of the story...try try try again :)

DBF and I sailed in August and all the cabanas were booked from the time we booked our cruise (booked with FL resident rate so kind of last minute). When we got to castaway cay my DBF went down to the area where you check in for your cabana and asked if any were available and yup 2! We snagged one and loved every second.
Moral of the story...try try try again :)

VERY VERY TRUE!!!

I won't give up, I know how wonderful they are.:)

We are sailing in January on the Magic and there were 4 or 5 cabanas available at 90 days still. It depends when you are sailing and the length of cruise I think!

We put in "requests" for our cabanas a while back but they were not finalized till 120 days out. The concierge crew put them in the system to go in at midnight when they opened, but could not officially book them till 120 days out. We're sailing on March 8th.

We put in "requests" for our cabanas a while back but they were not finalized till 120 days out. The concierge crew put them in the system to go in at midnight when they opened, but could not officially book them till 120 days out. We're sailing on March 8th.

That conversation has been had a few times around here but while the requests aren't "finalized" until 120 days out, there is no way that the concierge reservations are going in at midnight with someone typing them in. They have to be loaded into the system and pre-reserved to have any success.

That conversation has been had a few times around here but while the requests aren't "finalized" until 120 days out, there is no way that the concierge reservations are going in at midnight with someone typing them in. They have to be loaded into the system and pre-reserved to have any success.

I'm sure it's not done manually. They probably made the request (through the computer) in advance and some sort of automated system puts them in at midnight 120 days out.

We'll have 16 of us sharing two cabanas/five concierge cabins. We're a pretty low maintenance bunch so I don't feel too bad about getting first shot at them. Most of the perks won't be things we're taking advantage of. The cabanas and early boarding are about it.

I'm sure it's not done manually. They probably made the request (through the computer) in advance and some sort of automated system puts them in at midnight 120 days out.

We'll have 16 of us sharing two cabanas/five concierge cabins. We're a pretty low maintenance bunch so I don't feel too bad about getting first shot at them. Most of the perks won't be things we're taking advantage of. The cabanas and early boarding are about it.

My point is just that whomever says "but they aren't booked 150 days out!" is emphasizing a technicality. The reality is more like it's first come, first served with concierge 120-150 days out and then the rest of the ship progressively starts getting a crack at them at 120. Although I can't imagine that the Royal suites don't get preference if they want one.

I'm not saying that you don't deserve the perk. You've paid lots extra and by booking a cabana Disney gets more money. I am saying that it is a perk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter