• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked! Worried that Accessibility was overlooked in reservation!

Glittercat

Mermaid on Wheels! ^_~
I did speak to a very nice person at the call center and he assured me getting an accessible room was no problem, especially this far in advance, but nothing confirms what he said.

Finally booked the Poly for July of 2016!!! :hyper: My only worry is on the confirmation email and the Disney site it says nothing about wheelchair accessible room with bathtub which are actual NEEDS not wants. The bathtub is great for pain relief, and I have to use it at night. Should I call them and ask what's up? or let it be? Thank you kindly for any advice. :flower3:

I would call and just ask if they could let you know what room type you have. That way they read you what's on the res so you'll know if it is right or wrong.

Last edited:
there are many kinds of accessible room.. the last one I had was a roll in shower which was perfect for my needs. but would be useless to you

It may not actually say it on your confirmation, but on their computer it should say what this picture says (this is from the Disney website). Sometimes in our past experience, their confirmation has not had enough characters for the full text and will say some letters that we don't interpret as being accessible. image.jpg

This is the picture of the tub.
image.jpg

1) The room "type" is clearly printed/noted on the resort ressie.
2) If you have an handicap-accessible room, the room "code" will be visible to any CM with access to the system.

NOTE: All rooms at resorts have a "code".
The code does not say where the room is located, just the style/type and level/view of the room.
Examples: King with garden view, two queens with courtyard view, two bedroom DVC, etc.

Yesterday I called Disability services and spoke with a very nice CM. It seems the person that I had made my original reservation with did not in any way specify that it was to be an accessible room- much less one with a bathtub. The CM I spoke with yesterday said he had put in the request, yet on My Disney Experience it has not changed and I've not received an email or notifications of any modifications.
So far this is all I have to go on, and I'll call again Monday, and request confirmation yet again.
Thank you all for your thoughts, advice, and information! I truly appreciate it and am very grateful!
Screen Shot 2015-05-16 at 10.28.22 AM.png

Yesterday I called Disability services and spoke with a very nice CM. It seems the person that I had made my original reservation with did not in any way specify that it was to be an accessible room- much less one with a bathtub. The CM I spoke with yesterday said he had put in the request, yet on My Disney Experience it has not changed and I've not received an email or notifications of any modifications.
So far this is all I have to go on, and I'll call again Monday, and request confirmation yet again.
Thank you all for your thoughts, advice, and information! I truly appreciate it and am very grateful!
View attachment 96946

It sounds like they out it in as a request, but didn't actually change the room type.

You should call and ask them to change the room type, but if they can't and it'd just the bars you need they can probably accommodate that.

. . . My Disney Experience it has not changed and I've not received an email or notifications of any modifications . . . [/ATTACH]

1) It will not necessarily show on your copy/email.
2) The "ROOM CODE", however, is listed on the internal file.
3) A CM can see this on any inquiry.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter