• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked for next year, new restaurant ideas?

thestevied

DIS Veteran
So having had a year where we haven't returned to Disney world we've finally caved in and booked for next September. This will be our 18th time so we're by no means newbies, but we are looking for some new ideas for dining, especially as we have the dining plan.

Some that we haven't been to before and are considering are:
House of blues
La hacienda
Portobello yacht club
Coral reef
Artist point

We are not fish eaters but I have seen some of the more fishy restaurants do also do meat.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Maybe have a look at some of the new disney springs restaurants, the boathouse looked lovely when we were there in May?

We ate at the Boathouse twice, just back 2 weeks ago, and apart from the California Grill, it was the best restaurant we went too.

I love Artist Point! The buffalo steak is excellent and I also try to visit at least once on every trip.

We looked at artist point but just aren't blown away. Lots of fish! Do want some new experiences though and the buffalo DOES sound nice.

Hadn't noticed the boathouse. Is it primarily a fish restaurant? The menu does look appealing. Would need to be good for is to use 2 credits!

I haven't eaten at the Boathouse. It has had good reviews but for me it's very overpriced so I won't bother. Artist Point is our favourite 2 credit place. My DH would recommend the buffalo. It's very relaxed and we have had great service there several times. I dislike Coral Reef intensely. Three mediocremeals all with sub par service. La Havienda looks really good to me we just haven't been as DD won't like a single thing there but I'd certainly give it a try.

I'm pretty sure that The House of Blues is closing, not sure of the dates though.
I'd recommend Raglan Road if you haven't tried it, we ate there this year for the first time and it was really good.
We had lunch but I'm sure dinners just as good too.
Failing that Morimoto Asia looks fantastic.
And if you haven't tried Beaches and Cream id definitely recommend that too.

We've done Ragland road and do enjoy it. Beaches and cream we are considering. We're staying at the beach club so it couldn't be any closer! Seemed quite a standard menu though. Was the food impressive.

Yeah the food is really really good, it's a quite simple menu though.
Sandwiches and what not.
But the desserts are out of this world.

Beaches and Cream is all about the ice cream. The rest of the food is just for the sake of a Menu and there are better burgers to be found.

By far and away the best meal we had on our last trip, both in terms of quality of food and service, was at The Boathouse. It was amazing. In fact, I am tempted to say it was close to being the best meal we have ever had in Orlando. It really was that good.

House of Blues is also good, we have had really nice meals there every time we've been.

Can only agree with Wilma-bride about The Boathouse, we went in May when it was first opened and had a great meal. We paid OOP and didn't think it was bad at all, yes you can spend a lot but the same can be said about any top Disney restaurant.

Depending on when they get it open, hopefully the new Jungle Cruise cantina restaurant will be open by the time you go next year... I'm awaiting info about that with interest, as it could be fun! Of course, it's hard to know how the food will be at this stage.

is this boathouse place in what is downtown disney ?? do u need theme park tickets to access it ??

have you tried Boma ? its a lovely buffet diner so lots to choose from. afterwards we used the night vision goggles to watch the animals. there's also a fire pit and rocking chairs outside which is a nice way to finish off your drinks or sit and relax before you leave.

cal:)

I do not eat fish (unless it is battered and deep fried and then only very occasionally) but love Artist Point. I love the portobello soup as an appetiser plus they have some really nice meat mains - they change the menu up regularly too which is nice.

Coral Reef does some nice food too - my only complaint is they are always slow and always behind in seating people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter