Booked for 2nd weekend in September (thoughts?)

LizzyS

DIS Veteran
I have made and canceled 3 trips in the last 2 years for illness, a new job, and recently for a death in the family. We've never gone in September before and I realize that Oogie Boogie Bash may occur on our park day (9/14) in California Adventure. I notice that they're starting Halloween in late August this year and I believe Haunted Mansion is supposed to be back by then, yes? We were going to miss it this year, but it'd be great if we don't due to the reschedule.

Is there anything I may not be considering visiting at this time? We usually visit at the end of February, but have visited in late April and early November as well. I realize it could still be hot at this time, but I live in Las Vegas, so we can likely hang pretty well with hot weather.

Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Just FYI, that weekend is Gay Days at DLR, which may affect crowds.

The prior weekend is the runDisney Halloween races, so I would hope with Halloweentime starting earlier and the influx of Halloween racers, HM would be back!

We visited Sept 16-18 last year. I found Halloweentime in September less intense overall than our October visits of recent years. Related foods, entertainment, and attractions are all in full swing. You are right that September (and October) can be hot, but we were fortunate to have good weather last year. Sometimes wildfires can be a factor in the region affecting air quality in September and October. My recollection about Oogie Boogie nights is that they are usually Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays, and Halloween whatever day of the week it is. If you happen to have selected DCA as your first or only park on an Oogie Boogie day though, I feel like the crowds at least in the morning can be lighter than the norm. The drawback of course is that if you don't have hopping, your day will end early since the park will close to non-Oogie Boogie guests at 6 PM.

Just FYI, that weekend is Gay Days at DLR, which may affect crowds.

The prior weekend is the runDisney Halloween races, so I would hope with Halloweentime starting earlier and the influx of Halloween racers, HM would be back!

Thank you for the information!

We visited Sept 16-18 last year. I found Halloweentime in September less intense overall than our October visits of recent years. Related foods, entertainment, and attractions are all in full swing. You are right that September (and October) can be hot, but we were fortunate to have good weather last year. Sometimes wildfires can be a factor in the region affecting air quality in September and October. My recollection about Oogie Boogie nights is that they are usually Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays, and Halloween whatever day of the week it is. If you happen to have selected DCA as your first or only park on an Oogie Boogie day though, I feel like the crowds at least in the morning can be lighter than the norm. The drawback of course is that if you don't have hopping, your day will end early since the park will close to non-Oogie Boogie guests at 6 PM.

Fantastic info, thank you!! Our one and only park day is Saturday with hoppers, so we might miss the party entirely if the schedule stays the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter