Booked cruise through Disney?

noseybuddy

<font color=purple>Did I miss something?<br><font
I booked a cruise for 12/27/03. When I booked it they told me that didn't know what air line I would be on or what time the flights were or what time Iwould get the bus from MCO. Basically they didn't know anything. So my question is, will I not know this info until a month before I leave or would I be able to find out now?

You'll be able to call DCL at the 60 day mark and they will have the airlines, flights, all the details. They buy airline space in bulk and it assigns out at that point.

Deb

If you booked your air and transfers through the cruise line, they will not actually make your air bookings until 30 days prior to departure. You can call the cruise line at this time to get your flight information, so you can then call the airline to make seat assignments. Since they buy their air in bulk, they don't actually make the air arrangements until they have a solid number of people flying in for a given cruise.

As far as when to get the transfers, you will be met by a cast member when you get off your flight (assuming you'd arrive the morning of the cruise, if you're flying from NJ). They will direct you to the waiting busses. You don't have to wait too long for a bus. They run pretty much continuously between the port and airport on cruise days. Specific information on where to catch the bus will also be in your cruise docs, which will arrive about 3 weeks prior.

We've booked our air through the cruise line a few times and always found it very seamless and convenient.

Originally posted by noseybuddy
I booked a cruise for 12/27/03. When I booked it they told me that didn't know what air line I would be on or what time the flights were or what time Iwould get the bus from MCO. Basically they didn't know anything. So my question is, will I not know this info until a month before I leave or would I be able to find out now?

You most likely could have gotten better rates and a better flight schedule if you booked your flights yourself. That's what we did, and it worked out much better.

Depending on your party size, it could also be cheaper for you to get a rental car and drive from the airport to the port.

I believe that you can add or drop the : air, transfers and insurance up to the 60 day mark. I'm sure about the transfers and insurance - because the lady on the Magic told us that when we booked our next cruise. The air portion I'm not as sure about - you should check with DCL directly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter