Booked but still on the fence?

We just cancelled a trip for the end of May/early June. Reasons being:

Would be our first trip to WDW and want to get the full experience for the money
Worried about summer crowds without Fastpass
Worried about heat in June especially with masks
DH not ready to fly yet since our son is not vaccinated
Slight possibility we could go to DL instead and drive this summer (once they open to out of state)

If our eventual Disneyland trip this year goes well, then I'll start planning for WDW in 2022 or 2023.

I am booked for a long Halloween weekend. It would be a surprise for my daughter (just us going) since she’s always wanted to see Disney at Halloween. I want to do the boo bash too. I’m probably 75% on going. The thing that has me on the fence is masks. I’m not anti mask, I work at a hospital and am fully vaccinated, but I don’t want to wear a mask 24/7. If they dropped the outdoor mask mandate I would go 100%. Even my daughter has mentioned not going to Disney until masks are gone. We have a big trip planned for next year so if I cancel this trip I still have that to look forward to.

We are booked for the Fall with the option to cancel. We're waiting to see what opens as far as fireworks and longer hours. Our other issue is our current car rental price for 2 weeks is the same as our lodging cost. So unless rental rates drop we will probably wait.

I have wanted to be there Thanksgiving week 2021 since before COVID, but haven’t booked and while I’m still watching, expect we won’t book. We have had several really great and special trips and I don’t think we are up for spending the $$$$ for a lesser experience. For our family, it’s the total experience, not just the rides.

We are booked for the week after Thanksgiving. We were there in February but only did 2 park days out of a week long stay. I think we will probably go in November. What is up in the air is if we will get park tickets. It is so expensive for such a reduced experience. We found our 2 park days in February more frustrating that enjoyable. We did not like not having FP+, food was a constant hassle, and it was super crowded. If the reports are still the same as we get closer to November the parks will be a skip. Fireworks and nighttime shows need to come back as well as better crowd management.

Looking to see if others are on the same page. For those that are booked until end of 2021, are you planning on going no matter what or are you booked but waiting to see if things change eg. discounts, park hour extension, fireworks, masks,
We are booked with another family and waiting until last minute to make our decision. I’d like to go but can’t see spending all of this money without getting more out of it. I know threads like this have been posted a dozen or more times but I’m curious on if you booked but will without a doubt cancel if things haven’t changed before your full payment is due.
our thoughts are if the family we are going with decide they would rather wait then we will go to universal since Atleast there are good deals.
thanks

Yes, I'm on the fence, but for the exact opposite reasons as you. I will be traveling with a child, and children still can't be vaccinated. So, I only want to go if social distancing and masks are still required and enforced indoors.

My trip is less than a month away right now, and it sounds like Disney will keep most of those safety protocols in place that will help keep my daughter safe & healthy. However, trip reports indicate that guests are regularly trying to break the rules, and that makes me nervous. I hope with the new flux of workers next month with the college program, Disney does more training on how to reinforce mask use and social distancing in the indoor queues.

I am booked for a long Halloween weekend. It would be a surprise for my daughter (just us going) since she’s always wanted to see Disney at Halloween. I want to do the boo bash too. I’m probably 75% on going. The thing that has me on the fence is masks. I’m not anti mask, I work at a hospital and am fully vaccinated, but I don’t want to wear a mask 24/7. If they dropped the outdoor mask mandate I would go 100%. Even my daughter has mentioned not going to Disney until masks are gone. We have a big trip planned for next year so if I cancel this trip I still have that to look forward to.

This is a very valid concern. We're just back from a trip and while we enjoyed it immensely, we decided we probably aren't going back to Disney (or really, anywhere else that isn't an outdoorsy vacation) as long as masks are required. It was hard to wear masks that long, especially in the heat, and we really, really missed the ability to stroll and eat or drink, especially at Epcot.

Yes, I'm on the fence, but for the exact opposite reasons as you. I will be traveling with a child, and children still can't be vaccinated. So, I only want to go if social distancing and masks are still required and enforced indoors.

My trip is less than a month away right now, and it sounds like Disney will keep most of those safety protocols in place that will help keep my daughter safe & healthy. However, trip reports indicate that guests are regularly trying to break the rules, and that makes me nervous. I hope with the new flux of workers next month with the college program, Disney does more training on how to reinforce mask use and social distancing in the indoor queues.

And this also is a valid concern. Lots of people wearing masks beneath their nose. And ostensibly complying while around CMs, only to pull the mask down elsewhere. While we had more people respecting the social distancng markers than not, sometimes there were people who were riding up behind us. Thankfully we did not experience any pushback the couple of times I asked people to step back.

It was HOT last week, and it's probably only going to get hotter. That leads to more noncompliance, as well as shorter tempers. The CMs aren't around much in the queue space. And I don't know how much is fair to expect of kids in the college program, if the regular CMs can't or aren't enforcing protocols.

Ultimately, I'm glad we went, but now that I've had my Disney fix, I doubt we'll be going back for awhile.

We are booked last week of October and are going no matter what.

The only restriction removal I am truly hoping for is 6ft of social distancing. Bring down to 3 and it will be much easier on lines for rides, more capacity in shops/restaurants, more capacity on buses and a lot less problems with pools reaching capacity!

As far as masks, plan on wearing them everywhere, will be happily surprised if outdoor requirement is dropped.

I’ve got three trips booked right now, August 2021, December 2021 and March 2022. I will without a doubt be cancelling any or all if the mask restrictions aren’t modified/lifted. That is mainly because I have a 2-year old but also because I don’t want to wear a mask in the Florida heat either.

I’ve got three trips booked right now, August 2021, December 2021 and March 2022. I will without a doubt be cancelling any or all if the mask restrictions aren’t modified/lifted. That is mainly because I have a 2-year old but also because I don’t want to wear a mask in the Florida heat either.

I don't think there's anyway the mask mandate will be lifted by August, not unless there is a huge surge in vaccinations or something. For the Boo After Hours (running from August to October), Disney has made it clear that masks will be required at the event.

I don't think there's anyway the mask mandate will be lifted by August, not unless there is a huge surge in vaccinations or something. For the Boo After Hours (running from August to October), Disney has made it clear that masks will be required at the event.

I wouldn't go by Boo Bash. They can't very well advertise no masks right now because they just don't know, but can easily drop the requirement before the party.

Not that they will drop the requirement, just wouldn't use that as any kind of sign.

Definitely still on the fence!
Plan to drive to Disney. Booked 11 nights during August 2021 at YC. We are all "vacced" up by Pfizer. If there are no resort guest perks reinstituted prior to our trip, we will cancel. I love the Disney resorts; however, With all of the reductions in theme park experiences in Disney World, I cannot for the life of me see how staying onsite without any benefits (early fastpast+ reservations, EMH, etc.) would be of value to Disney resort guests. We know that Disney will now slowly be increasing attendance from 35% to make up for lost revenue over the last year. If I were a single day ticket holder or AP holder visiting MK from the Orlando area, I would probably be "okay" with the longer lines. Paying hundreds/night to stay on property and dealing with this is not acceptable considering prices are higher than they were pre-covid. Just my thoughts!

We aren't booked until October 20. Planning on staying at OKW until mid-December. I'm just hoping that things get much better before then. Still not feeling comfortable but at least we have an option until first part of September.

Definitely still on the fence!
Plan to drive to Disney. Booked 11 nights during August 2021 at YC. We are all "vacced" up by Pfizer. If there are no resort guest perks reinstituted prior to our trip, we will cancel. I love the Disney resorts; however, With all of the reductions in theme park experiences in Disney World, I cannot for the life of me see how staying onsite without any benefits (early fastpast+ reservations, EMH, etc.) would be of value to Disney resort guests. We know that Disney will now slowly be increasing attendance from 35% to make up for lost revenue over the last year. If I were a single day ticket holder or AP holder visiting MK from the Orlando area, I would probably be "okay" with the longer lines. Paying hundreds/night to stay on property and dealing with this is not acceptable considering prices are higher than they were pre-covid. Just my thoughts!

Thanks for the reminder - you are making me reconsider staying onsite. The value of walking to Epcot can't be overstated for us, but between no perks for staying onsite and the looooong waits for the pool, maybe I should save a boatload by moving my BC reservation to an offsite hotel.

I'm going next week but that'll be it until APs are back. I can't keep buying day tickets, even at the FL resident multiple-day price.
We booked one night at Pop Cent. for my husband's birthday, and got the deal on the Fl. resident 4 day ticket, and could not get another night - they are booked solid. So we'll be driving back and forth the other 2 days (we're about 20 miles away). But, when I tried to get something in Sept. for 1 night, the hotel was $170 but with two 2-day park tickets it was over $700. So, we're waiting for the APs also.

I got the disney "bug" and tried to book for Nov. or December, with different weeks we could go. The TA had only one, Yes One, room available at CS for those weeks we could go. The weeks were not over or near the holidays. We wanted moderates, so there is not much to choose from. I was surprised at the lack of availability for that time frame in the mods. We could have gone deluxe (but dont' want to spend that much money) or Value, but don't want to go that way either. So, we were restricted in our choice, that's choice of that one room, LOL. We declined that room so someone else could have it.
We felt that if it was going to be that crowded that there is no availability at the moderates, then we would wait.
The rides aren't that important, as we are show people, dining experiences are important to us, and the rides are 3rd on our list. So, at this point, we won't be back until All the resorts are open and all restrictions are gone, whenever that is.

We got canceled last year, so we are going twice this year, mid summer for 12 days and end of the year for 10 days. Actually think it will be less crowded with limited capacities, social distancing and such. We are on the fence about the vaccine and probably won't get it but who knows what tomorrow will bring. I will do the masks and all the limitations Disney has but I will go and have fun with what there is not worry about what there isn't. That's our choice, others make there own choices to go or not.

I’m not anti mask, I work at a hospital and am fully vaccinated, but I don’t want to wear a mask 24/7. If they dropped the outdoor mask mandate I would go 100%.

I think this is where Disney is headed. We've already seen no masks for photos. When I was there in April, there were no masks once you sat down at a restaurant and anywhere near the pool. All I need is one more change, like no masks outdoors or while drinking and eating (we will just all be hydrating constantly!), and I'm OK with the mask policy.

I can't see them completely dropping it for a long time, but I can see it getting weaker and weaker or just not enforced. I'm OK with any of these outcomes.

I think this is where Disney is headed. We've already seen no masks for photos. When I was there in April, there were no masks once you sat down at a restaurant and anywhere near the pool. All I need is one more change, like no masks outdoors or while drinking and eating (we will just all be hydrating constantly!), and I'm OK with the mask policy.

I can't see them completely dropping it for a long time, but I can see it getting weaker and weaker or just not enforced. I'm OK with any of these outcomes.

this is exactly what I’m hopeful for before our trip as well. The more and more l hear about the lack of enforcement lately, the more l think this will happen!
ETA: if l was high risk, concerned about social distancing (or lack there of) and mask enforcement l would truly cancel my trip. No way I’d spend all that money to be nervous or worried on my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter