Booked a package BEFORE I bought an annual pass...now what?

mjmgsssp

DIS Veteran
I booked a package BEFORE I bought an annual pass. Is there a way to get my ticket portion deducted from the package? Or, what other options do I have? The person I'm traveling with is a FL resident, but does not have an annual pass.

Call reservations and ask them to make it a ticketless package. I think that had another name for it like basic package or room-only package. They usually need to get someone in guest services on the line to make the adjustment.

I was in this situation a few weeks ago when I bought my AP. I decided to switch resorts to save even more $$ using the AP discount. My mom, who is going along, does not have an AP. My "package" was switched to basically a room-only and I ended up buying my mom her ticket elsewhere. When I asked if I could leave her ticket on the new "package", I was told that because AP users don't need tickets, and since I was booking an AP discount, there was no way to keep the ticket on the "package" for my mom. It ended up being quite a bit cheaper booking her ticket elsewhere.

Everyone on the reservation must have the same package components -- meaning tickets in this case. If everyone on your reservation has APs, it's pretty simple to just drop the tickets and have a "basic package" which is esse`tially a room-only under the package terms (deposit, PIF, cancellation policy). Do this before PIF or you may get hit with a change fee.

Are there others on your reservation who do not have APs? It gets trickier but there are options. 1) you can leave it as-is and hold your ticket as a credit for the future. 2) drop all tickets and have a basic package for the room, then buy others their tickets separately. Again make any change before the PIF to avoid fees.

I just wanted to add that if the reservation had a package discount you will lose that discount, since it will no longer be a package. But hopefully you can now use an AP discount for a room only reservation.

As others have said, you can make your existing package a "basic" package which will drop the tickets off the reservation - I would, however, reprice your resort reservation, now that you have an AP, to see if there is now better pricing on your room or any other room on-property that might be of interest to you.

I don't know if they still do this, but I've upgraded my package ticket onsite to an annual pass.

Thank you all who replied and gave some great suggestions! I just got off the phone with an OUTSTANDING cast member. She allowed me to change our resort from Pop to POFQ and advised that, for the time being, we keep tickets on the package to not lose our park pass reservations.

Once my friend buys her ticket, we can call the same day and change our reservation to a "basic package" (resort only) and link her ticket to the reservation without any loss of park pass ressies.

Also, if they happen to offer an annual pass discount, that will apply to our room only reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter