Book with DCl, then transfer placeholder?

*pixie*

DIS Veteran
We booked a placeholder when we were on the Fantasy in December, and listed Costco as our TA. As Gold, we can do early booking this week for summer 2025.

Can I book through DCL, and then call Costco within the 30 days and transfer our reservation and apply our placeholder?

I’m just trying to avoid long wait times on the phone with Costco and would rather book with DCL and call Costco at a less busy time.

If Costco holds your placeholder, you will need to contact Costco to do a booking with it. You can't book direct and then have the placeholder applied because the placeholder itself is a sort of reservation and must be modified.

Also you don't secure the price by doing it this way. When placeholders are used they cancel the "booked" version and rebook. It used to be that you could secure the booking and sort out the placeholder later but that is no longer the case. The price you will pay will be the price when you book with the placeholder not the price currently so always easier to just do it all at the same time

We booked a placeholder when we were on the Fantasy in December, and listed Costco as our TA. As Gold, we can do early booking this week for summer 2025.

Can I book through DCL, and then call Costco within the 30 days and transfer our reservation and apply our placeholder?

I’m just trying to avoid long wait times on the phone with Costco and would rather book with DCL and call Costco at a less busy time.
No, you cannot. The placeholder is an actual reservation without a sail date. In order to get the 10% discount, the placeholder must be modified. So only Costco can do that for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter