Book Advice (Walt/Disneyland)

Ewic23

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to read a biography on Walt Disney, and also another book on Disneyland. I know there are 2 main bios out there, but one was discredited by Walt's daughter, but I don't know what all her objections were.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be wonderful. Thank you!

I really enjoy the Bob Thomas biographies of both Walt and Roy.

There was a biography of Walt written by Neil Gabler which for years was all over the place. I don't really know the issues with it, but I think it included a lot of supposed access to the family, and information that was simply inaccurate.

There real small, more pocket books, but I really enjoy the Imagineering Field Guides. They include nice little pieces of information and beautiful drawings and sketches.

Connecting With Walt also had a show discussing wonderful book selections: http://www.disunplugged.com/2017/01/13/connecting-with-walt-podcast-011317/

Walt Disney: An American Original
Building a Company: Roy O. Disney and the Creation of an Entertainment Empires
Both by Bob Thomas

There are also many good Disney books by Jim Korkis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter