BOO!!! The Murphy's are LIVE from WDW! MNSSHP and Epcot F&W!

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
The Murphy's are LIVE from WDW!!! :earsgirl:
CSR, MNSSHP, and Epcot's Food & Wine Festival!!
:maleficen:ccat::hmghost:
coronado-springs-resort-00-full.jpg

mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-00-full.jpg

Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival1.jpg

Hey DISboard friends!!! :grouphug:
I'm happy you can join me for another fun filled Walt Disney World vacation! :cheer2: My oldest son Nic (age 16) and I are headed down tomorrow for 5 nights and plan to cram in as much fun as we can! I've been listening to Hallowishes and the Boo to You parade soundtrack on repeat! ;) We'll be spending time at Epcot's Food & Wine Festival and attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party on Sunday 10/25. This was a last minute trip I threw together about 6 weeks ago so we actually have a split stay at Disney's CSR between two different room categories. That was the only way I could piece together 5 nights. I kept checking availability every single day to see if other options would pop up at the AP rate, but nothing ever did except a suite at the BWI. CRAZY! :eek:
I'm hoping we'll be given the same room for our entire stay and we won't have to move, but we'll just have to wait and see. Since there's just two of us a move won't be a big deal anyway. As long as I'm in WDW!!!! :lovestruc
I'll be posting a lot of pics and reports here, as well as on my Twitter @Erika_Murphy and Instagram. We've got a reservation to try the new Morimoto Asia, I'm planning to visit the new Hangar Bar, and we'll also be heading to the dark side :darth: for a quick Harry Potter fix on Saturday. I have a feeling this trip is going to be a blur! :teleport: I'm expecting the parks to be very, very crowded, but I LOVE Halloween at WDW and I can't wait to see all the awesome fall decorations and cool creative costumes. I'll have tons of pics to share with you guys!

A quick update on my next live report, we'll be back down 12/18-12/26 for a split stay (GF/BC) and I booked our fastpasses yesterday! Choosing went very well and I'm happy with everything we got. Also I finally decided to buy our MVMCP tickets for 12/18 even though I struggled with the decision. Last Christmas we went to the last party night (this one is also the last) and I swore I wouldn't do it again because it was so crowded. But I'm a sucker for Disney events and I know I'll be kicking myself later if we don't go. Our plane lands at 2:00 PM so we shouldn't have any trouble getting there on time, plus it's a fast trip over the lake from the GF to MK. Only 59 days to go!!

On top of that decision I bought our Star Wars the Force Awakens tickets in 3D for 12/19 at the AMC Disney Springs, which should be fun! :chewy: :ewok: :yoda:

Well I better get busy packing! :laundy: I not only need to pack Nic and I for Disney but also pack my youngest son Connor for his trip to Washington DC, his own personal Disney World! :lmao:

Thanks for joining us for another adventure!!!!

I can't wait for all the pics Erika! I really am inspired to do a trip with my DS14. Since he's missing out this December I'm going to need to plan something, although he will want to do Universal I'm sure ;)

Hi Erika:wave: We are from Lafayette and going to be in WDW the same dates as you--heading down tomorrow afternoon:woohoo:

I'm crossing my fingers the weather doesn't change because right now it looks like it is going to be beautiful. Have a great trip:)

I can't wait for all the pics Erika! I really am inspired to do a trip with my DS14. Since he's missing out this December I'm going to need to plan something, although he will want to do Universal I'm sure ;)

We are very excited! Nic calls us "the dream team". ;) I think we'll travel well together as a twosome, we like the same things: rides and food!!!

Hi Erika:wave: We are from Lafayette and going to be in WDW the same dates as you--heading down tomorrow afternoon:woohoo:

I'm crossing my fingers the weather doesn't change because right now it looks like it is going to be beautiful. Have a great trip:)

Oh I wanted an earlier flight so badly, but we are stuck with the 7:30 PM. Planning a trip last minute over a school break is always challenging. I should know better!!! :rotfl:

It is absolutely beautiful here! All of October has been great. However dont forget your sunscreen. My DH and I went to the FSU game last weekend and although we didnt sweat the sun was right on us the whole time. I can usually tell if im getting burned but I didnt even notice until I went to the bathroom and my shoulders were bright pink. So its warm but not hot and very little humidity.

Oh and I highly highly recommend the escargot from France F&W.....one of the best things I've ever eaten. If you like some spice the chicken sausage from Canada was fantastic too. The 2 new Chew booths have some great items too and have been way less crowded.

Today is the day!!! :) I'm excited to see if my new iPhone takes better quality photos and videos, and I'm taking my Nikon also. :woohoo:

I'm bummed no yellow luggage stickers, that's usually what I'd be doing right now, but we are renting a car this trip so we can hit Universal. I promised Nic he could choose anything in the emerald aisle, so let's hope we can get our suitcases in it! :rotfl:

See ya in WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3:

Yay!! An Erika live report!! I'm anxious to hear your review on CSR. We are staying there for Christmas in a business class room. We usually stay deluxe CL and I'm very nervous about the resort. I just keep reminding myself that at least we will be in Disney! I did a one on one trip with each of my girls and it was the best! I know you and Nic will have a great time! Safe travels! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures!

I got a text our room was ready and noticed it was a Junior Suite. :thumbsup2 Nice upgrade but I called and turned it down. Nic and I need two queen beds. I think they were surprised I didn't keep it, but Nic would kill me if he had to sleep on a sleeper sofa for 5 nights. ::yes:: Plus it was also on the first floor which is my big no-no! I'd sleep on a cot as long as I'm up high, so they moved us to the 4th floor, much better! :D
Now back to packing..........

I got a text our room was ready and noticed it was a Junior Suite. :thumbsup2 Nice upgrade but I called and turned it down. Nic and I need two queen beds. I think they were surprised I didn't keep it, but Nic would kill me if he had to sleep on a sleeper sofa for 5 nights. ::yes:: Plus it was also on the first floor which is my big no-no! I'd sleep on a cot as long as I'm up high, so they moved us to the 4th floor, much better! :D
Now back to packing..........
Good thing you noticed that now, SO excited for you!!

Looking forward to hear if you go on the POTC ride -- if you do, can you report on the recent refurb; any hint of canon fire or salt water smells? Also, looking forward to your insight on CSR -- how does it compare to CBR?

Following along and looking forward to your TR... And hoping you have a great trip! Oh, and I'd love to see your pics on Instagram -- how can I find you?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter