"Bonus" Park reservations???

sueg

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
My friend frequently travels with DH & I, so she is part of our booking group. We all have FL Pirate Passes. We are meeting friends for breakfast tomorrow and I just looked to see if there is any park availability. DH & I have a "bonus" reservation only for Epcot. Our friend has all four parks available. Help me understand. I am confused & I think, a little annoyed

This entire reservation system is an abomination being presented as a "guest experience enhancement." Hogwash.

My guess is WDW has capacity available in some unspecified amount varying by parks, and they have "magnanimously" sprinkled it out arbitrarily to pass holders. But I'm entirely guessing.

Not sure what the Bonus Reservation that are showing up for the 14th and 17th....

You are lucky there is even availability left for day before Park Pass on a weekend... that you can still pick between AK, MK and DHS and have a bonus pass for EP is terrific.

My friend frequently travels with DH & I, so she is part of our booking group. We all have FL Pirate Passes. We are meeting friends for breakfast tomorrow and I just looked to see if there is any park availability. DH & I have a "bonus" reservation only for Epcot. Our friend has all four parks available. Help me understand. I am confused & I think, a little annoyed
I just checked as a passholder and all four park are available for tomorrow. If you were to select the Epcot bonus reservation, that one would not count towards your off-site reservation limit as a passholder.

My understanding is that a Bonus Reservation does not count against the maximum number of reservations you are allowed to hold with your level of AP. For example, I have a Pixie Pass which limits me to three days of park reservations. If I use a Bonus Reservation, I can use those three days elsewhere and hold four days of reservations at one time.

I never knew there was a limit on the number of park reservations you can make with certain passes. I've probably been doing my park reservations incorrectly, by selecting Annual Pass even when we have a hotel reservation.
I have just become increasingly frustrated by the number of rules that impact on trip planning. The park reservation "system" is the worst. If it wasn't for these boards, I'd be even more confused.

I never knew there was a limit on the number of park reservations you can make with certain passes. I've probably been doing my park reservations incorrectly, by selecting Annual Pass even when we have a hotel reservation.
I have just become increasingly frustrated by the number of rules that impact on trip planning. The park reservation "system" is the worst. If it wasn't for these boards, I'd be even more confused.
Yes depending on the AP tier there is a limit to how many may be held at a single time

Incredi & sorcerer pass you can hold 5 park passes outside of a resort stay + any days you are on site (these will be pulled from the resort guest bucket of availability NOT passholder bucket of availability) plus any random BONUS days that sporadically pop up now and than

Pirate you have 4 plus hotel/bonus days

Pixie Dust it’s 3 plus hotel/bonus days

I called and got a very informative CM. She said that I had used all my days for my Pirate AP for the trip where we were staying at a resort, but she was able to convert 4 of the days into Hotel Stay days, which are considered "length of stay" days and not counted against my AP days. Lesson learned.
I would have given her an excellent review but I was disconnected before the survey

I also got a tip for my October trip, which extends beyond the expiration date of our APs. I am hoping to buy tickets for the Italian Regional luncheon if it returns. But I would need a guarantee of Epcot admission for that day. We can't renew APs until late August and can't make park reservations for October until then.
She said we could purchase a one day pass and link it so we could make a park reservation. Then use the cost of the one-day towards the cost of AP renewal. Awkward, but if it gets us our favorite luncheon, I'll do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter