Boma vs Story Book Dining

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So have done Boma and it’s always very good. Going over Dec 20-25th and got a Story Book dining reservation for one of the nights and have never been. Boma is wide open. Which would you do? I’m thinking Boma because it’s always a good meal but at Story Book we can go see wilderness lodge all decked out for the holidays without all the hassle of trying to get in there without a dining reservation. Opinions?

So have done Boma and it’s always very good. Going over Dec 20-25th and got a Story Book dining reservation for one of the nights and have never been. Boma is wide open. Which would you do? I’m thinking Boma because it’s always a good meal but at Story Book we can go see wilderness lodge all decked out for the holidays without all the hassle of trying to get in there without a dining reservation. Opinions?
Big difference in the meal style - buffet vs served with preselected appetizers and desserts. Then one is a character meal. We like them both but I usually prefer to be served rather than me do all the work. If you have already done BOMA I vote try something new, especially with holiday overlay in hotel. We have done Storybook 3 times and really enjoyed it, and we are all adults.

Boma will always be one of my all-time favorites, but last year I was able to reserve Story Book Dining with my teenage daughter and we had a fantastic time. The food was excellent (although not quite on par with Boma) and the experience was also very enjoyable. I would always suggest trying new things, especially when those new things involve Wilderness Lodge at Christmas!

For us, it would depend on what other ADRs we have. We like to do a mix of old favorites and new restaurants. Sometimes it's hard to leave something off the list, but I guess that's how we find our new favorites.
So, I would say, if you have a few other new places, then Boma would win. If all your reservations are for places you've been and loved already, then I would pick Story Book.

Big difference in the meal style - buffet vs served with preselected appetizers and desserts. Then one is a character meal. We like them both but I usually prefer to be served rather than me do all the work. If you have already done BOMA I vote try something new, especially with holiday overlay in hotel. We have done Storybook 3 times and really enjoyed it, and we are all adults.
That what I am thinking try something new!

Boma will always be one of my all-time favorites, but last year I was able to reserve Story Book Dining with my teenage daughter and we had a fantastic time. The food was excellent (although not quite on par with Boma) and the experience was also very enjoyable. I would always suggest trying new things, especially when those new things involve Wilderness Lodge at Christmas!
Glad to hear I have heard its a fun experience and good food
thank you

I've done both, and I like them both. Story Book is my pick mainly because WL is my favorite Christmastime resort.

We are also Boma devotees and never miss it but it might be nice to try something new. If you won't risk a divorce (like I would) by missing Boma, then I would say "try out Story Book Dining". :)

The Evil Queen was amazing when we did Storybook dining in May. The food is tasty as well. I'd vote for it mainly because you've never done it. We do love Boma as well.
IMG_20230514_185939295.jpg
Appetizers, the top one was a substitute as we have a shrimp allergy in our party
IMG_20230514_184007200_HDR.jpg
Entrees are pick 1 from the menu
Desserts
IMG_20230514_194156076_HDR.jpg

I would try something new and go to Storybook! While I much prefer the food at Boma, Storybook is a fun experience. Plus, the Wilderness Lodge is gorgeous during the holidays.

You also can ask for extra of the appetizers if you particularly like one - we loved the mushroom soup, so they brought us extra cups of it when we asked.

Storybook has Dopey, Grumpy, and Snow White that come to each table and at the end you can go up and meet the Evil Queen and get a photo. She is truly "herself" at the meet and greet. I had a shirt on that featured her and I told her I was honoring her with my shirt...she said, "As well you should." :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter