Boma, Sanaa or Kouzzina

tjknitz

DIS Veteran
I realize Kouzzina is different than the other two, however all three of these I would like to try on one trip or another. In your experience, what would you suggest for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids ages 6 and 3)?
I'm just looking for a good meal without characters so we can relax (no buffets) that the kids would possibly like as well. We've never been to any of these restuarants before and looking to try something different. Suggestions???

I would choose Sanaa with my family of 3 teens...but for you I'd say Boma. It is my fave buffet at WDW and there is tons of stuff for the kiddos. We have not tried Kouzzina yet, have booked it and cancelled a couple times...we will get to it someday. I think, though, that even my teens would be a little put off by the menu there.

Boma is a buffet. Were you thinking of Jiko? That has wonderful food and is a little more quiet than most TS restaurants.

We love Kouzzina for breakfast. Service can be a little slow there and your young ones may get restless.

Sanaa for lunch or an early dinner is our favorite. Wonderful view of the animals on the savanna and the food is great! An interesting menu with wonderful Naan bread!

I'd pick Sanaa. We really enjoyed the food. They had tasty adult options and had cheese pizza for the pickiest member of the family. We loved the Indian Style Bread Service.

The only complaint I had about the restaurant was that the tables were very close together. There were two local people at the table right next to us who were on a blind date. My DH and I agreed that it was pretty awkward because we felt like our family of 4 was along with them on their date. Perhaps it would have been less awkward if we had been next to a family instead.

Tough choice - I love all three of these, but I think Kouzzina has the best food. I don't have kids though, so I can't speak on the children's menus.

Boma would be my first choice but it is a buffet and you said no buffets. Sanaa would be my next choice from your list.

Sanaa last night for the first time and LOVED it!!

Keep in mind my wife is a picky eater (steak and potatoes) and she even said she would go back!

As others have said, Boma is a buffet.

We have dined at all three of your choices, and also Jiko.

Seeing as how Jiko is signature, it may not be what you're looking for either.

Boma is relaxed, a bit more noisy than the others due to the number of people, however, IMO, it's the best for young children. No one bats and eye at kids bouncing here and there at boma. We've dined there several times for different meals and enjoyed each time, the food selections were nice, but nothing overly different.

Sanna has a lot going for it. We love the theme, the ambiance. The food, when it arrives, is delicious. My children (ages 2, 4, and 6) all enjoyed their meals, as much as they were able given the way our night ended up. I LOVED the tandoori chicken, I don't actually recall off the top of my head all we tried, but it was all very nice.

One concern we had, which was important when dining with young children, we arrived early, about 30 min early. We should have been one of the first seated since we had an early reservation. However we were 1.5 hours late being seated (2 hours waiting for a table with littles). We enjoyed the animals for the first 30 minutes, then managed to keep them occupied for another 15 before the whinging started. By the time we sat down I'd had to run to pick up a bottle for milk for my toddler who likes milk at bedtime. Had to run and buy snacks for my bigger kids, and by the time we were seated my toddler was asleep in my arms. We were there right at open and they were very late.

My other concern with Sanaa is that we have strict dietary restrictions, noted on reservation, spoke with the waitress, and manager before ordering (this is one of the few restaurants the chef did not speak to us). They made several mistakes with our (children's) meals twice bringing stuff to our table that was not safe. The one time we questioned it and the waitress argued with us telling us it WAS safe. We chose not to allow our children to eat it anyhow - and with good reason. About half way through the meal the waitress returned red in the face when the chef realized she'd brought the wrong food to us. Our children were tired and hungry and never did get to eat their full meals, we were offered no compensation.

It may not be significant to everyone, but to me it really sours an experience to end up needing 2 hours for a meal (plus 2 hours waiting), and still leaving without half your food, paying full price, and ending up with grumpy, hungry children.

We've had issues with other restaurants bringing unsafe food, but most bend over backwards to make it right. Raglan road made a mistake once and comped our entire meal, as well as having managers, chefs, waitstaff, dancers etc all come and make sure my DD was okay.

Kouzzina was very nice, we've dined there a few times since they opened. I love their fisherman's stew. DH orders the lamb almost every time. Our children enjoyed the food and the staff are friendly. We always enjoy a stroll down boardwalk after our meal.

In short, I'd say kouzzina. Enjoy a flight of their greek wines. A perfect way to round out the day.

For the best food, Sanaa. And if you do go try for daylight (lunch or early dinner depending on time of year) so you can see the animals!

Year after year our family falls more in love with Sanaa. The food is amazing and a window table before dark is wonderful.

1) Let me think.
2) OK, still thinking.
3) After deep thought, consideration, weighing all factors . . .

SANAA !

Ditto the others, SANAA! We have young kids and it's our favorite restaurant. It's the perfect lunch break during AK day and we're obsessed with the bread service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter