• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boma or Saana?

Once.Upon.A.Time

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

For my resort day I’m trying to choose between Boma or Saana for dinner. Adults only. Which you would recommend and why?

Thank you!

If you are staying at AKL, I'd do both on a resort day. Relax somewhere quiet in the morning, make an 11:30 Sanaa ADR for lunch (it's the earliest they open and you will have no problems getting a window table), head back and sit by the pool for a few hours, nap, shower, pre-dinner drink at Victoria Falls, dinner at Boma sometime around 7:30-8.

AKL has the 3 best restaurants on property, IMO. Sanaa is the best TS (usually our go to for lunch on a pool day at AKL), Boma is the best buffet and Jiko is the best Signature. Between Sanaa and Boma, if I really had to choose only 1 (when staying at AKL, we make it a point to get to all 3), I would probably choose Sanaa purely for the bread service.

I don't think you'd be disappointed by either, but Sanaa is our absolutely favorite restaurant on property and one of the few that has remained consistent in quality through the years. It's fantastic!

As an outlier opinion, Boma hands down. But I can say that because we have several excellent Indian cuisine restaurants where I live, and the lunch buffet of my local restaurant has more dips and spreads than does Sanaa.

Hi all,

For my resort day I’m trying to choose between Boma or Saana for dinner. Adults only. Which you would recommend and why?

Thank you!
Sanaa 100 percent. Boma is the best buffet on Disney property but IMHO that's not saying a great deal. Sanaa was really good. And depending on the light when you're dining there in the evening, you may be able to enjoy the animals on the savannah as well (we did when we had dinner there).

Oooh, that's a tough one!

We love Sanaa, but we weren't thrilled when they changed the entree where you can pick two items. You used to be able to pick two meat dishes, but now its one meat and one veggie dish. But you can't beat the bread service! Somewhere around 2014-2015 I wrote to Disney about something and mentioned how much we loved the dishes there, and I was sent the recipes for the red chili sambal, cucumber riata, and gluten free naan! I do make the sambal and riata often, but my own gf naan. Sometimes we've been seated at the window, other times we haven't. It's ok to ask, but there's no guarantee.

Boma is also great and you can't beat it as a buffet. So.much.food! All delicious, and it's a great way to try something new.

For all adults, I would lean more toward Sanaa.

Ugh - tough choice. My process to choose: coin flip. Then best 2 out of 3. Then change mind. Then change mind back. Then do coin flip again. Then decide that maybe Jiko should be added to the mix. Repeat process. End of the day - doesn't matter, all three are great choices. I'd find the time that suits you best and go with that.

Last edited:
Both are fantastic, and we’ve been many times. Beyond the menus (I recommend you check them out beforehand), it’s important to consider ambiance. Sanaa seems to have more adults and fewer children, whereas Boma seems to have more families with kids. Boma can be louder, especially as it’s larger. Depending upon your budget, perhaps eat at both, as someone’s said upthread. Hope you have a great trip and enjoy!

We try to go to both at least once each time we're in FL so I have a hard time choosing.

Menu-based TS and AYCTE are two very different experiences though. We'll eat normally (lightly) at Sanaa, ordering our favourites, but Boma we basically plan in a way where we can actually try all the buffet offerings we would like to. Typically that means later dinner, well after a light lunch elsewhere, while not having anywhere else to be that evening. There's so much good buffet options to choose from that it can get very filling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter