Boma For Breakfast

McKenna

RoseKenobi
What’s everyone’s opinion on Boma for breakfast? We wanted to save money by not doing dinner, and wondered if they serve a good meal here!

It’s a buffet. My wife and I both liked it a lot. They have both traditional and African based breakfast options on the buffet, so both picky and adventurous eaters will find plenty to eat.

I have an upcoming breakfast reservation and will be following along and curious what you hear. From everything i have read and videos i have viewed it generally gets great review.

We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The juice and coffee were good. We made two trips to the buffet. There was plenty of meat: sliced ham, bacon, and sausage. I remember eggs, Mickey waffles, pastries, donuts, and fruit. There were some awesome grilled plantains!

We ate breakfast at Boma last year, and are looking forward to returning next week. It was one of our favorite meals at Walt Disney World! They had all the generic breakfast food you could want, plus fantastic African cuisine - the bobotie in particular was to die for - and magnificent desserts.

Oh, and the jungle juice! I mean, sure, it's just POG juice. But who doesn't love POG juice? (That's a rhetorical question, to which the answer is, "only those who have never tried it".)

I would eat breakfast there every day of the trip, given my druthers.

I haven't had the dinner at Boma, so I can't tell you if this is better, but it certainly is an absolute gem of a meal.

We tried breakfast for the first time last year and loved it!! We picked it after seeing all of the good reviews and were not disappointed.

I guess I'm going to be in the minority here. I thought it was just okay and not as fantastic as many say. Maybe I feel this way because this was our last breakfast before our flight home and we were somewhat in rush to the get the ME. The lines were insane and to avoid looking rude, I felt as though I had to stay on the line even though I was probably skipping half of the buffet. The scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage and Jungle Juice were good, however if you're not interested in the sliced meats, Bobotie, and more adventurous African dishes for breakfast, it's probably a waste of $40 a person. I'm really not interested in eating a slice of turkey with stewed tomatoes at nine in the morning. If I ever stay at AK again, I will definitely give it another shot though.

Make sure you try the French Toast Bread pudding with pecan praline sauce. I dream about that stuff! I also love the fruit in cream, Bobotie, juice, and pretty much everything else! You can order omelettes. It's absolutely one of my favorite meals ever!

It is one of our favorites, too. No. That's not true. It is our absolute favorite breakfast on property. Had breakfast there is September and have a reservation In early February.

We really liked the breakfast there. Definitely going back. We've also had dinner there and it was really good too. I think Boma is my favorite buffet at WDW. After that, I really liked breakfast at Tusker House. Yes! to the french toast pudding and the juice!

We usually eat in our room or grab a donut/muffin at park but of the few times we have treated ourselves for breakfast .... BOMA was probably one of the best for food. It's a buffet, so you do the work and sometimes when busy you might get a server who is overwhelmed but .... that is like many Disney places.

Price for breakfast:
Boma: (incl tax, excl tip)
bfast . . . 10/02/2016 Adult: $28.76, Child: $15.98

We also have TiW so we get it discounted further. If you were going to spend the money for a big breakfast, and want to try a variety of things it is a good choice. If you didn't want a big breakfast there may be some other better options.

I had breakfast there a week ago today. :sad: It is my third breakfast there. We also had dinner on that trip as well. I like breakfast much better. I never have a problem getting a table. The breakfast line is never long when I'm there. And the food is ridiculously good. Scrambled eggs are always perfect. I dream about the tater tots and the chocolate covered donuts are amazing. I normally try to eat healthy and not to stuff myself but this place makes me break those rules. 4 trips up and I could barely move. As for the price, it's only $25 for breakfast, $40 for dinner. Best value in property.

I just hate sharing this because I want to it stay an unknown so it doesn't get that busy.

Although breakfast may be very good one is not going to get the same experience you would for dinner. The variety of food for dinner is impressive. After reading most of the posts it seems a large part of breakfast is standard stuff you can get anywhere. If price is the main concern I would not bother with breakfast.

We usually eat in our room or grab a donut/muffin at park but of the few times we have treated ourselves for breakfast .... BOMA was probably one of the best for food. It's a buffet, so you do the work and sometimes when busy you might get a server who is overwhelmed but .... that is like many Disney places.

Price for breakfast:
Boma: (incl tax, excl tip)
bfast . . . 10/02/2016 Adult: $28.76, Child: $15.98

We also have TiW so we get it discounted further. If you were going to spend the money for a big breakfast, and want to try a variety of things it is a good choice. If you didn't want a big breakfast there may be some other better options.

That sounds like us too! We usually just eat pop-tarts in the room before heading to the parks, so we’re excited to try something new!

I guess I'm going to be in the minority here. I thought it was just okay and not as fantastic as many say. Maybe I feel this way because this was our last breakfast before our flight home and we were somewhat in rush to the get the ME. The lines were insane and to avoid looking rude, I felt as though I had to stay on the line even though I was probably skipping half of the buffet. The scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage and Jungle Juice were good, however if you're not interested in the sliced meats, Bobotie, and more adventurous African dishes for breakfast, it's probably a waste of $40 a person. I'm really not interested in eating a slice of turkey with stewed tomatoes at nine in the morning. If I ever stay at AK again, I will definitely give it another shot though.
i have to agree with you! i was so hyped up for it and it was just "meh" for me. the jungle juice was out of this world though! i think i would give it another chance in the future. could've just been an off day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter