Boma Dinner-What did you eat

gogiant

Earning My Ears
We have plans to eat dinner at Boma's. For those who have been, can you tell me exactly what it is you ate. I have a daughtr who will eat nothing but steak and fried or roast chicken...is this a place she will be happy at (desserts aside). How spicy is the food...I hear a lot of good things about it though. Thank you

I ate a bit of everything. Lots of spice, but not 'hot' spice- more savory. I don't eat meat but I seem to remember they had prime rib or roast beef or something like that. Also if you just ask they will make your daughter something special- they made grilled chicken for my son...
Try the soups, they are fantastic. And just about everything else is wonderful too.

We were there in late March.

I tried a little bit of everything, I think the buffet varies from night to night, but they had a shrimp-coconut soup that I just loved. Really didn't taste that much coconut, but it was great.

Don't worry about your daughter, they have the typical chicken strips on the kids buffet, and I believe macaroni and cheese too. Then she can fill up on their great big chocolate chip cookies like my kids did. There is also fresh fruit and breads she will probably be OK with.

The potatoes with afritude, or whatever they call them, are spicy! I just have to say there wasn't one thing besides the kids buffet and fruits that I have ever seen or tasted before in my life. It's very different, but nothing I tasted was bad. Just different.

Wish I could remember what I ate. I think I ate it all! :D

My younger dd is very picky and she ate stuff from the kids area and was quite happy there. We had dinner there twice during our stay at AKL.

We tried Boma's for the first time late March 2004. It was a wonderful experience. My DH and I are adventurous when trying new foods so we found pleanty of items. With us was my 9 year old nephew and he also found pleanty of familier foods and even tried a few new ones. I think you will be happy at this buffet.

Meat eaters will have no problems at Boma. There was prime rib AND flank steak, pork tenderloin, salmon and grilled chicken when I was there.

My nephew is very picky eater so when we go to Boma we ask for some chicken fingers and usually they can come up with some if there's not any out. Just ask

We loved BOMA, and my kids ate well too. My ds9 is becoming more adventurous, so he ate the carved beef ( I believe it was prime rib?) and the baked chicken (is it called Durbin-spiced chicken?? Something like that). I tried a bit of most things! The soup was really good. I had a potato-bacon porridge that was yummy! The desserts are very good...loved the coconut tiramasu!

Boma has three menus that rotate.
You can always call and ask but I am sure you will find something wonderful. My favorites are the stews, especially the Red Bean Stew. If you find something you like, tell your server and the staff will give you a card to write down the item. The staff will either snail-mail or e-mail the recipe to you.

taken from allearsnet.com .... Our favorites are fufu/coconut curry stew/zebra domes
The dinner menu changes daily. This listing gives you a good idea of the types of foods, over 60 items offered.

African Breads

Mixed Field Greens:
Mango Vinaigrette, Paw Paw Vinaigrette,
Chili Cilantro Vinaigrette, Balsamic Vinaigrette
Potato Salad
Fresh Fruit

Pasta Salad
Watermelon Rind Salad
Kool Slaai
Chicken Salad with Chili Cilantro
Moroccan Seafood Salad - Couscous, mussels, scallops and shrimp

Avocado, Grapefruit, Papaya, Curry Cucumber Salad, Spinach and Beet Salad

Macaroni and Cheese
Saffron Rice

African Soups and Stews:
Chicken Corn Porridge
Smoked Tomato Soup

Sweet Potato Pancakes
Vegetable Lentil Kofta
Pap
Braised Greens
FuFu
Potatoes with Afritude

Durban Spiced Roasted Chicken
Malabu Pepper Steak

Grilled Seafood

Wood Roasted Meats

Vegetable Skewers
Chicken Pepper Pot
Coconut Curried Chicken Soup
Curried Coconut Seafood Stew
Couscous Marrakesh

Chicken Tenders
Spaghetti and Meatballs

Wonderful Dessert Buffet including:
Zebra Domes
Simba Paw Prints
:wave2:

Their soups are just wonderful! I think I could have eaten my weight in the curried cauiflower soup. Not spicey at all. I think there are many things that she would eat there. I know that my DS, ages 14 months had no prolem eating at Boma.

ENJOY!!

I can't wait to go back

heidi

I would like to tell you what we ate, but it's all a blur:D I can tell you that my DW and DDs are among the pickiest diners on the planet, and they love it!:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter