Boma after RoL?

bkfamilyof5

Mouseketeer
We will be at AK on 12/24 and have a lunch package with RoL first viewing which is at 6:15. Is it possible for us to make it to a 6:50 reservation at Boma after? I have no idea how far AKL is from AK, but I know the show is supposed to be only 15 mins. Would our reservation be honored if we were 5-10 mins late, or if some of our party went earlier and the others came a few mins later?

I don't think this is doable. If it weren't xmas eve and you were driving, it would still be a huge maybe. Xmas eve pretty much rules this out. Traffic and buses will be slow, not xmas or NYE slow, but still slow. The reservation may be honored if you are a bit late. Keep in mind that you also have to get out of the park, when a bunch of other people are doing the same thing. I don't know about some of the party showing up ahead of time/on time. It's different if someone just went to the restroom or ran back to a room at AKL, but the rest of the party could easily be 30 minutes late.

We will be at AK on 12/24 and have a lunch package with RoL first viewing which is at 6:15. Is it possible for us to make it to a 6:50 reservation at Boma after? I have no idea how far AKL is from AK, but I know the show is supposed to be only 15 mins. Would our reservation be honored if we were 5-10 mins late, or if some of our party went earlier and the others came a few mins later?

The show is at the very back of the park so you have a substantial walk from getting out of theater to the front entrance. Then how are you traveling? If bus you walk there and wait and there is no control over that. If you drive then you have to get to your car, navigate out at a busy time and get to AKL, get through gate, park and get inside and downstairs. Given the show is over at 6:30 ....... I don't see how this is possible in 20 minutes. I would keep looking for a later dining time, you risk them not seating you on such a busy night.

Thanks. That’s what I figured.

I also have a reservation at 8:05 but I felt it was probably too late for our group including several young kids. I think we’ll be better off doing qs somewhere at AK following RoL.

Thanks. That’s what I figured.

I also have a reservation at 8:05 but I felt it was probably too late for our group including several young kids. I think we’ll be better off doing qs somewhere at AK following RoL.

Perhaps consider getting a Landry's Select Card. It's $25, but that $25 goes toward your restaurant bill. It gives you priority seating at Y&Y and Rainforest at AK (plus TRex, and Rainforest at DS) and you don't need an ADR. After ROL, you could simply walk to Y&Y or Rainforest in AK and eat there. If you are on the DDP, this may not work for you, but it is a fast way to access TS without an ADR in AK.

No. If RoL is at 6:15, it will get done at 6:30. By the time you walk to the entrance and get in line for the bus, you will be lucky if it is 6:45. it is a 5 minute ride back. I don't see anyway to make it be 6:50. If you can move it to 7:15 or 7:30, you can easily make it.
Boma is a great buffet, and you don't want to miss it.

Perhaps consider getting a Landry's Select Card. It's $25, but that $25 goes toward your restaurant bill. It gives you priority seating at Y&Y and Rainforest at AK (plus TRex, and Rainforest at DS) and you don't need an ADR. After ROL, you could simply walk to Y&Y or Rainforest in AK and eat there. If you are on the DDP, this may not work for you, but it is a fast way to access TS without an ADR in AK.

All TS restaurants have a 15 min. hold on parties that might be late. Just tell them before ROL starts. Also....ROL is usually the last show then the park closes so don't count on Yak/Yeti being available.

Honestly no, I dont think you'll make it in time. I wouldnt risk it. I'd keep trying for a later ADR.

All TS restaurants have a 15 min. hold on parties that might be late. Just tell them before ROL starts. Also....ROL is usually the last show then the park closes so don't count on Yak/Yeti being available.

All restaurants do NOT have a 15 minute courtesy hold, but will seat if at all possible if a party is running late. Thsi is Christmas Eve, and I would never chance an ADR based on an unwritten policy knowing I was going to be late on a night when every restaurant is going to be challenged seating diners.

OP- I woudl stick with CS that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter