• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bolus feedings for ds6 at Disneyland

alicenwonder99

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any experience with a bolus feeding at DISNEYLAND for a child? My ds6 just got his g-tube last week. He takes a 10 hour overnight feed on a pump, and 3 8-oz bolus feedings during the day. It started out very rough, but he's now taking the 8 oz bolus feedings in 10-15 minutes. He's going to get his button next month.

We're heading to Southern California in July, and spending 5 days at Disneyland (the other 5 will be in Pasadena). We're staying at an offsite hotel across the street from the park. I can't imagine sitting on a park bench and giving him his feedings! Is there a place that would be cool, comfortable, and private to give him his bolus feedings in the park? I know WDW has the wonderful child rooms at each park, but I'm not sure if DL has those (since it's an older park). Or what about at the First Aid station?

TIA! :)

Mary

I would try the first aid station. Though, I've never been to DL we used the first aid stations at WDW everyday to do my son's tube feeding. His take an hour. He was able to lay down on a cot and get out of his chair and they let me borrow an IV pole to hang it from.

Have a good trip!:wizard:

I agree with Marie.
I have not been to DL since I was little, but they do have First Aid there and I imagine it would be very similar to WDW (which we do have a lot of experience with).

We were just in the first aid station this weekend with my son who has CP. We go in there to change his diaper and to take a little cool off break. They have several rooms with cots in them to use. They are always very welcoming. The first aid station is down toward the end of Main Street. You turn right (if you are coming from the main gate) when you see the photo pick view store and it is tucked back in there. And if you can't get back to that area in time for the feeding--don't worry about what any one else thinks. I am so over that after 7 years of looks, stares, and in general bad manners when people see my son in his chair or if they happen to see is feeding tube if his shirt is pulled up.

Lori

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely use the First Aid stations.

I thought that it may be more comfortable if we were in an air-conditioned place that wasn't so crowded. Southern California isn't as hot and humid as Orlando, but we are going in the summer.

I will report back after our July trip and let everyone know how it went (for future reference for other DIS'ers.)

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter