• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG without reservation in May 2016

heidilee2003

Missing my Disney Home!
Hoping I can get some opinions on this. I haven't been to WDW since 2008 and we are going in May 2016 for our Disneymoon! The menu at BOG does not appeal to us but I want to see the inside since it is new! I secured a reservation yesterday but if we just want to go in, look around, order a cupcake - how difficult do you think that would be? At an off peak time, like 2pm or something. Thoughts?

Keep the reservation. It would be difficult to get in without one, even at 2pm in May. It is perfectly fine to just order sodas and cupcakes and sit and enjoy them for a few minutes before looking around. People will tell you it's an unfair use of a reservation but even with ADRs, it is a quick service location. People go into quick service locations and just get a soda and dessert all the time.

Agree with Oswin. You will need an ADR, but you can order whatever you want. No need eat an entire meal if the menu doesn't appeal.
Have a GREAT Disneymoon!!

Congrats on your Disneymoon! My soon to be hubby and I will be taking our Disneymoon in May also! I was thinking of doing the same thing as you. Setting a reservation for lunck just to go in and see what it is all about.

Since it's a QS at lunch you shouldn't feel guilty about only ordering dessert if that's all you want. I'd keep the ADR though just to be safe!

BOG is now ADR only for all meals. There are no walk ups and you can't just go in to look around. Keep the ADR.

Even last may with showing up 15 min early for our adr we weren't seated till over an hour after our adr
We had a fp window that started 55 min after our adr so we didn't even get to meet the beast
So keep your adr
Heck even for our may 2016 trip we had issues getting a dinner adr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter