• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG with food allergies during lunch

GypseeDaddy

Earning My Ears
Has anyone here been to BOG during lunch with food allergies?

Ours aren't the typical allergies, so I will need to see the book and speak with a chef or manager. This will be our first trip since learning about the allergies so I am totally new to navigating Disney with food allergies.

I've read a couple reviews on this board. So far it sounds as though one or two top 8 allergies and they do a great job. Anything else doesn't sound promising. I plan to avoid it until they've got the kinks worked out and I hear that they've done a good job for others. Three of us have lists of allergies, some of which are not top 8.

My understanding is that instead of the "book" at BoG, you look up ingredient lists at the podium. Beyond that, I'm not sure how well or poorly it will work. We will try it in Feb or April, and I will report back!

I have several allergies including uncommon ones. I ate lunch at BOG in Nov. during the passholder previews. Once I showed the cm at the stand my list of allergies, they had me sit over in the Beast's chair and wait for a chef. There was very little I could eat and my absolute dislike of sweet potatoes meant it was even less.

I ended up with just the steak from the steak sandwich and a few plain greens. They didn't have any allergy friendly options aside from the one cupcake and that wasn't anywhere near safe for me. It was a very underwhealming meal. The decor was nice but I will not be going back for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter