BOG - Undecided

We have ADR's for breakfast on 8/20/19 at 10:25. Its the only time I could get an ADR in our entire 2 week stay. I was super excited to get this res BUT... I started seeing reviews.. and they were anything but good. We have never eaten here.. so I don't know what to expect as far as food quality or even experience. My question to you is, would it be worth visiting once just to say we did it.. or should I book another restaurant for breakfast? This is the only restaurant on my dining list that I am on the fence with...
It's not bad. We visited in June and the food was good. We found seats in the room with the rose. It was dark but inviting. We enjoyed the food and are going again in September. Your out of the heat.

We enjoyed our breakfast in November. We don't go for lunch since the menu doesn't appeal to us. We're on the dining plan, so BOG is a good use of a QS credit. It's worth going at least once for the atmosphere even if you're not on the dining plan, but I don't think I'd be willing to pay $30 a person for breakfast. If we were going without the dining plan, we'd treat it more like a snack and share a couple of entrees and cupcakes among the 5 of us.

We have had a horrible dinner and breakfast and an OK lunch at BOG within the past 2 years. The inside is beautiful. Some Disney sites have reservation finders. Maybe use those to get a lunch reservation? In my opinion the atmosphere is cool, but the food isn't good and the price is hard to swallow. I would never do breakfast there again. I got the quiche and it tasted like a dirty shoe.

We have had a horrible dinner and breakfast and an OK lunch at BOG within the past 2 years. The inside is beautiful. Some Disney sites have reservation finders. Maybe use those to get a lunch reservation? In my opinion the atmosphere is cool, but the food isn't good and the price is hard to swallow. I would never do breakfast there again. I got the quiche and it tasted like a dirty shoe.
We didn’t like the very salty food at lunch, but mostly we didn’t like the chaotic cafeteria-like atmosphere.

Is the atmosphere elevated at all at dinner since it’s Table Service and there’s a waiter taking your order?

Is the atmosphere elevated at all at dinner since it’s Table Service and there’s a waiter taking your order?

I think it depends on where you are seated for dinner. The main dining area feels a bit chaotic. We did dinner before it turned to a 2 credit restaurant and ate in the castle gallery with the music box. The atmosphere felt very peaceful and relaxed but we at around 8:00pm. You have a server at dinner.
I know my comments above were harsh, but that was honestly my experience.:(. Really bad.... and I LOVE Disney dining/food. I'm sure others have had wonderful experiences.

I enjoy my breakfast there (we do a pre-park opening every year) but we are on the dining plan. I don't think I would pay out of pocket for it. It's very expensive otherwise.

I think it depends on where you are seated for dinner. The main dining area feels a bit chaotic. We did dinner before it turned to a 2 credit restaurant and ate in the castle gallery with the music box. The atmosphere felt very peaceful and relaxed but we at around 8:00pm. You have a server at dinner.
I know my comments above were harsh, but that was honestly my experience.:(. Really bad.... and I LOVE Disney dining/food. I'm sure others have had wonderful experiences.
Can you request a specific room to be seated in or are you stuck wherever they put you?

Have never done breakfast there, but lunch has always been a hit for our family. Is it WONDERFUL? Nope. Is it really pretty good for Magic Kingdom counter service? YES!

We loved our meal there and it was definitely a great value on the dining plan. If on the dining plan we would book it again easily for both breakfast and lunch.

If I was paying OOP though, I don't think it's that much better than other QS to justify the higher price point. If paying OOP I probably wouldn't book it and would try CHH or PBTTI instead (or maybe even a cheaper TS).

Can you request a specific room to be seated in or are you stuck wherever they put you?

I think you can ask if you're willing to wait.

I went for dinner before it was prix fixe. I can't remember what room we were in, but it didn't seem chaotic...also it was 4 PM but it's pretty dark in there so we were all yawning by the time we left.

I'm glad I found this thread. We go every year for lunch and enjoy ourselves, but don't normally have the dining plan and pay out of pocket. This year we are splurging by staying extra and getting the DDP. I keep going back and forth on if I think we should go here for breakfast. Hope to hear some more responses on how the food is.

Also, in looking t the menu's I noticed that the open faced sandwich is now on a croissant instead of a baguette. This kinda bums me out and I wonder why they changed it? Baguettes are still on the menu with the cheese board... Hopefully they'll let me get the 'original if we decide to go and I ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter