BoG review

Wow! Sounds great! I was a little hesitant on the prixe fixe meal and cost, but sounds like it's definitely worth it!

Funny, I got the opposite opinion from the review, and by other reviews, it seems they are inflexible for dining accommodations, especially with the desserts, which contain nuts, animal products and alcohol, they weren't ready with the correct bread service, despite having had tons of time to get it right.

I expect a few hiccups, but I am optimistic based on this review that (even with hiccups) I will enjoy it!

Funny, I got the opposite opinion from the review, and by other reviews, it seems they are inflexible for dining accommodations, especially with the desserts, which contain nuts, animal products and alcohol, they weren't ready with the correct bread service, despite having had tons of time to get it right.
Did you watch the video at all? They were very positive about everything and genuinely seemed to enjoy themselves. Not sure how giving a restaurant "two thumbs up" is anything but positive. But I guess some people choose to see negative where they want to.

they said the meal was awesome and would definitely pay the price for the meal they got... sounds pretty positive to me

Thanks for starting a thread with this review! I watched it yesterday and then could not find it again :)

So happy I secured an ADR for October on a non party night. Can't wait!

In which review did someone specifically ask for an allergy accommodation and were denied? Could you please link it here as that is helpful information. I have been looking at quite a few reviews and have yet to see anyone request an accommodation, let alone be denied.

1. Funny, I got the opposite opinion from the review,
2. and by other reviews, it seems they are inflexible for dining accommodations, especially with the desserts, which contain nuts, animal products and alcohol,
3. they weren't ready with the correct bread service, despite having had tons of time to get it right.
1. Please elaborate, because Craig and Jackie have it a great review.
2. Could you please link the/any negative reviews from dinner diners between 7/27/18 and today, because I can't find any :confused3? Please include the specific accommodation requests.
3. Be Our Guest is making their own Sourdough bread, which, according to Jackie/Craig, was not available only in night one, but would be starting on night two. Most likely there was a delay with the starter: "Sourdough bread is made entirely using wild yeast — with a strong, active sourdough culture of wild yeast, you won't need any commercial yeast at all. Wild yeast need a little more coaxing and work a little more slowly than commercial yeast, so sourdough breads are normally mixed, shaped, and baked over the course of a day, or even multiple days." https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-sourdough-bread-224367

Thanks for the link. In particular I appreciated some of the comments — not all restaurants are going to cater to all guests. Pick and choose based on what’s available.

Really looking forward to seeing more reviews over the next several months. Hoping we see consistency in food quality and service.

Sourdough bread is made entirely using wild yeast

Actually, that's not entirely true. Many sourdough breads are made using a bit of commercial yeast to kickstart it and occasionally to keep it going if it's not sufficient because it really depends on your environment. That's how I make mine. I would be a bit surprised if BOG uses only wild yeast - it's possible but it can be tricky and inconsistent. More than once, I've had to throw away my starter because it's dead and nothing will bring it back and I have to start all over again. It might be the reason that it was not available or for other reasons but there's always glitches in the first few days of a new restaurant or menu so I don't really fault them for it. If it's still happening in a few months, that's different. Either way, I'm intrigued to try it with the butter and salt as described.

I've done BOG for breakfast but never been interested for dinner, however, I now may have to try it. The menu looks very interesting. At first, upon seeing the appetizer list, I was disappointed. So much seafood and I'm allergic to it. The salad has sunflower which I'm also allergic to which left only the French onion soup or the charcuterie platter. Which would be disappointing if only I didn't think they both sounded yummy and are items I would normally be drawn to regardless of what else was on the menu. The corn dish looks lovely and sounds good - perfect size for me. And the dessert is nice and small (the truffle picture and description made me drool). I hate heavy large desserts at the end of a meal. So maybe next May I'll see if I can get ADRs.

The video was a surprise. I was not expecting that positive of a review. From previous reviews they did of the previous version, I suspect they were a little surprised as well. The food looked really good, prepared and plated well.
May have to reconsider going back at some time.

I gave up on BOG for lunch but this interests me. I may have to try it out. Its not a horrible price point and the food looks decent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter