BOG PPO - After breakfast rides

kcfree

Earning My Ears
Hi. I have 8:20 BOG for a regular 9am open morning during President’s week. The plan is to go to Seven Dwarves after we finish eating.

1. Will rider swap be offered? I will be there with a 2 year old who is a little too short to ride.

2. Will any other rides be open? I know Pete Pan queue will be starting. Is there anything else I could potentially ride while my husband and older daughter ride Seven Dwarves? Or should I head over to the Peter Pan queue and have them meet me after Seven Dwarves?

You will be held near the ride until right before the rope drop crowd. 7 dwarves will open the same time as other rides. Rider Swap will be offered but you will have to be at the ride with your one that is too small, then you could head over to Peter Pan. Or you could ride something like Winnie the Pooh or the carousel while they are on Dwarves.

The line for PPF will build quickly so if that’s your choice, get there as quick as you can.

And be ready to adapt and overcome. Last time we were there and tried this 7DMT was down until about 30 minutes after park opening so we just hopped on Peter Pan and rode 7D with a FP.

We were just there and got rider swap no problem. DH waited outside with our 1 year old, and then we switched and the older girls got to ride with him again. I’m sure if he had thought of it he could have hopped into something else while he waited ;)

Be sure to queue up before 9; we left BOG at 8:40 (I got to talking with another guest a few days later and they wandered out of BOG at 9:10 to an hour wait). When we got off our first ride standby was at 65 minutes.

We were just there and got rider swap no problem. DH waited outside with our 1 year old, and then we switched and the older girls got to ride with him again. I’m sure if he had thought of it he could have hopped into something else while he waited ;)

Be sure to queue up before 9; we left BOG at 8:40 (I got to talking with another guest a few days later and they wandered out of BOG at 9:10 to an hour wait). When we got off our first ride standby was at 65 minutes.

What time did they let you on the ride? And did getting the child swap pass take a while and put you further back in line?

The line started moving right as the welcome music started playing for the rope drop crowd in front of the castle. The people behind us actually waited as we got the rider swap, so the cast members were super efficient (I felt bad and would have let people behind me pass, but it took no time at all). Just have your magic bands or tickets out and ready and be prepared with who is staying with the too-young child(ren) and who will be riding again. We were towards the front of the line (maybe 10-15 people in front of us).

When we got off the ride the first time it was 9:08. There was no EMM (Early Morning Magic paid event) happening that morning.

The line started moving right as the welcome music started playing for the rope drop crowd in front of the castle. The people behind us actually waited as we got the rider swap, so the cast members were super efficient (I felt bad and would have let people behind me pass, but it took no time at all). Just have your magic bands or tickets out and ready and be prepared with who is staying with the too-young child(ren) and who will be riding again. We were towards the front of the line (maybe 10-15 people in front of us).

When we got off the ride the first time it was 9:08. There was no EMM (Early Morning Magic paid event) happening that morning.

So they didn’t let you ride before rope drop? I’ve heard about people getting one or two rides in before 9am.

In July, we had a PPO breakfast and got to 7DMT about 10 minutes before park opening. We got to ride it like 3 times, and we got to use rider swap for the last ride. It seems like its just the luck of the draw. We have another PPO breakfast for our upcoming trip, and I told my DH to not expect the same result.

Our first ride was before rope drop (the music I referenced was the start of the welcome show, so no one had been released from the front of the park yet). The second was with Rider Swap and the rope drop people had already arrived (Rider Swap allowed my DH and the older girls to bypass the standby line and go through the FP+ line). My DH said he watched the mob get released to the SDMT line lol. I wish he had taken a video of it!

If there is EMM they will not let you ride prior to park opening as people paid for the hard ticketed event.

Not EMM that day so fingers crossed we can get at least one ride in before the masses arrive.

I’m hoping that once I get the rider swap I can send my parents with the little one over to Peter Pan to wait in line. Hopefully once we have ridden 7DMT we can meet them at Peter Pan and get that done by 9:30.

This is all because there were no FPs available for 7DMT and it’s one of my older daughters favorite rides.

Not EMM that day so fingers crossed we can get at least one ride in before the masses arrive.

I’m hoping that once I get the rider swap I can send my parents with the little one over to Peter Pan to wait in line. Hopefully once we have ridden 7DMT we can meet them at Peter Pan and get that done by 9:30.

This is all because there were no FPs available for 7DMT and it’s one of my older daughters favorite rides.
How many would be joining the grandparents in line? Just an FYI, joining your group already in line is pretty frowned upon.

In 2016 with a similar time PPO breakfast at BOG we were able to ride 7DMT twice before the morning crowd arrived, then went to PPF and pretty much walked on. Order your food ahead, even the morning of (I think we did the night before) to speed things up.

Trying this strategy again in June. :) Hoping it's a similar experience! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter