BOG or CRT?

TwinMomEsq

Earning My Ears
Help me decide! We were incredibly lucky to snag reservations for both but can’t justify the expense. I have to drop one. Our trip is in late February. Both are near park close (although I imagine those hours are going to shift). Our group is two adults and two ten year old girls. We are not big eaters and are not foodies. The experience is much more important. We’ve eaten at both before but not for years. Which would you keep and why?

We had much better food and character interaction (albeit from afar) at CRT. The service was good at BOG, but food just was not that great and the Beast was in and out in about 2.5 seconds. We all were surprised that CRT was the better experience by far.

Eta: even now Cinderella and Beast show up, just don't come to the table.

Last edited by a moderator:
In normal times I’d probably say CRT for the princesses. But without the characters I’d give the edge to BOG, it’s really beautiful!

Hands down CRT! Can’t beat dinner in the castle, seeing Cinderella and the food is excellent.

Have you eaten at either previously? I've done 2 Disney trips and went to CRT the first time and BoG the second, just weeks ago during Covid times. If you've been to one and not the other, the choice is obvious, do the one you haven't done.

If it's not that simple, what excited you on the menu? Both places have great chefs, so you'll have great food no matter what. What about dessert? Anything appeal to you more?

PXL_20210113_011249861.jpg

Try the gray stuff, it's delicious! It really truly is spectacular. You can't really pass this up. Lol. I got an extra Mickey's head helping for my birthday.

For us, the Beast was very entertaining. He loved getting guests cheering for him. Since it's always beast here, and he's here during Covid, might as well go to BoG this time and save CRT for a time when they have more princesses available.

Regardless of your choice, I'm sure you'll love either castle dinner.

I've done both many times. Castle (the actual castle), hands down.

While I think CRT is definitely overpriced and a bit overrated, I would pick that one with 10 year old girls.

Wow that's a tough decision and I truly don’t think you can go wrong with either—both restaurants are beautiful and great experiences!! But honestly right now I think I would give a slight edge to BOG…I think the theming is better and without the full line up of princesses, I don’t think that CRT is fully worth the price.

both are great but the castle would be so much better if the line up of princesses were there.

Have you eaten at either previously? I've done 2 Disney trips and went to CRT the first time and BoG the second, just weeks ago during Covid times. If you've been to one and not the other, the choice is obvious, do the one you haven't done.

If it's not that simple, what excited you on the menu? Both places have great chefs, so you'll have great food no matter what. What about dessert? Anything appeal to you more?

View attachment 552794

Try the gray stuff, it's delicious! It really truly is spectacular. You can't really pass this up. Lol. I got an extra Mickey's head helping for my birthday.

For us, the Beast was very entertaining. He loved getting guests cheering for him. Since it's always beast here, and he's here during Covid, might as well go to BoG this time and save CRT for a time when they have more princesses available.

Regardless of your choice, I'm sure you'll love either castle dinner.
Oh good! I’m going for my birthday this summer 😁

We went to both in covid times. CRT hands down. The food was much better there. Also it’s smaller so when Cinderella comes out you see her more. At BOG the beast walked into the room for such a short period of time. We were in the room on the right, which isn’t that dark, but dark enough that with the beast constantly bowing I couldn’t get one decent picture with him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter