• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG lunch with unusual FA

Crl1817

Mouseketeer
Ds is allergic to apple, strawberry and mango. I was thinking I might try to snag a BOG fastpass for lunch. But the pre-ordering food and kiosk thing is making me a little nervous.

It's usually really easy to avoid those items and I'm not worried about cross contamination. But every now and then I run into apple being in something kind of unexpected--mostly because apple juice is a relatively cheap "healthy" sweetener. So I tend to be careful and read all labels just in case.

I did a search here and it sounds like maybe BOG doesn't handle unusual allergies very well at lunch? I'm not really concerned that there won't be options for ds, more concerned about being able to verify ingredients.

The self service kiosks actually have a lot of allergy information on them. The menu items include ingredient lists, although they do not appear complete - for example,they don't include all the spices.

But,there are also ordering stations with CMs who would be able to help you.

WDW can handle common allergies fairly easily at most locations. Since you have unusual allergies, it is recommended to contact Disney Special Diets at least 14 days before your trip.
See this page from the Disney website:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/special-dietary-requests/

I have a long list of both typical and unusual allergies. I'd really like to try BOG lunch but have gotten the same feeling from others that it may not be accommodating. I always have to go through special diets for our meal planning so I may ask them to put me in contact with someone from BOG. I don't mind at all if a chef is honest and says "we can't help you" because I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'd just like to know before I get there and am hungry. When is your trip? If mine (last week of Sept) is before yours, I'd be glad to contact you with how my situation is handled.

Thank you both!

We are going in Dec, so I'd really apreciate your report! :) I subscribed to this thread so I should get an email of any posts here.

I feel pretty sure there is something at BOG ds can have. I'm mostly concerned about how hard it will be to get ingredient lists or to talk to a manager/chef to confirm ingredients. If it's a problem, we can just skip BOG.

Thank you both! We are going in Dec, so I'd really apreciate your report! :) I subscribed to this thread so I should get an email of any posts here. I feel pretty sure there is something at BOG ds can have. I'm mostly concerned about how hard it will be to get ingredient lists or to talk to a manager/chef to confirm ingredients. If it's a problem, we can just skip BOG.

I'll subscribe to this thread too and be sure to come back and report! If you want to work it in and of course, can score a dinner BOG, they did a great job of accommodating me for a meal last fall. No desserts were safe for me (typically there aren't anywhere) but I anticipated that and brought my own. It was a fun atmosphere for DS 4 (and all of us!) so I hope it works for you! :)

My DD (4) is allergic to apples, strawberries, grapes, cantaloupes, cranberries, bananas, and tuna. We ate at BOG for lunch last week. She had the kids grilled cheese and tomato soup. I am drawing a blank as to dessert.

All of the chefs were very helpful. I had business cards printed up that listed the allergic foods to make it easier.

I am so glad to hear you had a good experience! I'm reluctant to try for a dinner reservation because I'm not sure my youngest will last that long in the park--we will be starting at 7am for EMH. Those dinner reservations are hard to get and I'd hate to put in the effort to get one and keep someone else from booking it and then not use it because dd was just D.O.N.E. (Plus I'd be out the cancellation fee.)

I'm feeling more confident now and will plan to try for a lunch FP. Thank you!

More reports welcome!

I hope the OP doesn't mind if I revive this thread! My trip is quickly approaching and I am still trying to decide if it is worth it to try lunch here with multiple allergies. Any more recent reviews? Thanks:)

Ugh! I just deleted my story! Here goes again, though it might be a bit shortened this time (probably a good thing haha)

We went on a last-minute trip a couple of weeks ago. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie, so I scheduled a fp for lunch at BOG. I completely forgot about noting my allergies or contacting anyone....I was just excited to be eating there on my birthday! So, I did what anyone with allergies knows to never never never do, and I ordered what I had last time and assumed it was safe :duck:

When it came out, my sandwich was on multi-grain bread. Can't have it. The waitress went and got a chef. He was SO nice about it (while I was feeling like the biggest idiot!). He said the sandwich was likely made on a baguette due to my allergy last time which is why I remembered it as something I could have. He took my food and said he'd remake it.

It took a while (expected), but the chef himself brought my food out to me when it was done. AND, he brought some cupcakes for my kids to have while I ate since they were done with their lunch by then. It was a very thoughtful thing for him to do.

So, that's my not-so-flattering-to-me story. I would definitely eat there again!

Ugh! I just deleted my story! Here goes again, though it might be a bit shortened this time (probably a good thing haha)

We went on a last-minute trip a couple of weeks ago. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie, so I scheduled a fp for lunch at BOG. I completely forgot about noting my allergies or contacting anyone....I was just excited to be eating there on my birthday! So, I did what anyone with allergies knows to never never never do, and I ordered what I had last time and assumed it was safe :duck:

When it came out, my sandwich was on multi-grain bread. Can't have it. The waitress went and got a chef. He was SO nice about it (while I was feeling like the biggest idiot!). He said the sandwich was likely made on a baguette due to my allergy last time which is why I remembered it as something I could have. He took my food and said he'd remake it.

It took a while (expected), but the chef himself brought my food out to me when it was done. AND, he brought some cupcakes for my kids to have while I ate since they were done with their lunch by then. It was a very thoughtful thing for him to do.

So, that's my not-so-flattering-to-me story. I would definitely eat there again!

Thank you for sharing (and I am sorry your original post got erased- I've been there... so annoying!:eek:)! It sounds like even though you had an issue, the chef was accommodating. I expect to eat very basic (tis the life of an allergy eater!)- meat with no bread, veggies, maybe some fruit, etc... I just wanted to be sure that a chef is in fact available rather than me having to use the kiosks. I have lots of typical allergies but things that hide in lots of foods like garlic and flax seed are no-nos for me and that is something I know I should discuss with a chef. We are going to go ahead and give it a try. I figure if they say they can't help me out then at least I have tried and know its off the list of safe places in the future!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter