BOG lunch - how long to plan?

chimoe

Mouseketeer
Hello all.

We were able to snag a 2.25pm lunch at BOG.

Assuming we pre-order. How long should we expect the dining process to take?. I’m thinking we may have some issues with trying to fit it around our 7dmt FP.

1. We expect to watch the 2pm parade (at the Libertysquare area)
2. Jet to BOG (should barely make the ADR time.
3. We have a FP for 7dmt at 1.40 to 2.40. [assuming we will take advantage of the 15min grace period. ]

Does this sound possible ?

Thanks - but is there an average of how much time is needed to do lunch of BOG? Is it like other quick services where you pre-order, and can eat and be out within 15/20min?

Last edited:

You have 30 minutes between your ADR and the end of the 7D grace period.
That's really not enough time.
Even when I pre order and do not sit around after eating the experience takes about 30 minutes.
Plus not sure what you're eating but I personally don't like to hop right onto a roller coaster even a tame one after having to have gobbled m y food to make it in time.
My suggestion would be do your 7D FP at 1:35pm and then find a spot for the parade.

I think you could do it. But could and should are two different things. We rushed through a BoG meal for a similar reason, wasn't the original plan, but sometimes you do what you gotta do. 5 minute wait in pre-order line (felt like 10, how many questions do these people need to ask?!). Wait for food was about 10 minutes, maybe less. Then we ate quickly and walked out. This is NOT ideal though, I would not choose to do it again. If the pre-order line is backed up or the kitchen is slow, you waste a hard to get FP. I like the idea of using your FP before the parade, then you can enjoy your lunch. Or perhaps move lunch up before the parade? I have great luck changing ADR at BoG the day before, check then and you might be able to eat before the parade.

Don't do it. Do I think it's possible? Sure. But as a PP said could and should are 2 different things. Generally we spend an hour at BoG. But that's on purpose. Like to relax and take our time. Even with pre-ordering, sometimes we get our food within 10 minutes. Other times it has taken almost 20 minutes. To me it's not worth it to feel super rushed. I say keep checking for a different time, often I snag ADRs for BoG lunch about a week before our trip.

If I'm paying that much for meal I wouldn't want to sit there shovelling it down and then racing over to do a roller-coaster, especially when part of the dining experience is the beautiful surroundings. I posted a thread earlier today questioning the reasons people go to Disney these days. When you talk of the 'dining process' I'm quite saddened, is that what you consider having a meal at BOG as being. I'm too old and too old fashioned to understand things like this. If I offend then please forgive me.

UPDATE:

Well, the stars aligned. I went to see if there was other FP+ for 7DMT(had no hope that I would see anything pop up), and low and behold, there was only 1 slot for 7DMT FP+ @ 12.20PM (perfect time match). Everything fits perfect now. (Was doing a few refreshes throughout the day - wasn't really expecting anything that would come of it). - talk about luck..

To the last poster, Yes I myself like to go slow and not feel rushed, but the way Disney has set things up. (FP times and all, they make it very hard if you have 2 different things you want to do, and can’t really find a way to spread them out due to availability (BOG and 7DMT) both very high demand, and not like I can easily click switch and move on the dime. I got really lucky with this one.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Well, the stars aligned. I went to see if there was other FP+ for 7DMT(had no hope that I would see anything pop up), and low and behold, there was only 1 slot for 7DMT FP+ @ 12.20PM (perfect time match). Everything fits perfect now. (Was doing a few refreshes throughout the day - wasn't really expecting anything that would come of it). - talk about luck..

To the last poster, Yes I myself like to go slow and not feel rushed, but the way Disney has set things up. (FP times and all, they make it very hard if you have 2 different things you want to do, and can’t really find a way to spread them out due to availability (BOG and 7DMT) both very high demand, and not like I can easily click switch and move on the dime. I got really lucky with this one.

Opportunity coasts is all it is.
You have to make choices every day.

Glad you got some pixie dust! Enjoy your meal. It consistently takes my family around 45 minutes to eat at BOG, not that you need to worry now about it.

Glad you got it switched around. For anyone else who is wondering here is my experience based on a party of 4. We have only ever preordered---why you wouldn't preorder is beyond me personally.
1, Check in outside at BOG for your reservation 5 minutes or less (depending on who and how many people are in front of you) *I have stood there longer while larger, hot mess groups worked things out.
2. Walk up and wait to enter and be greeted by cast member at the entrance who is directing folks into the two lines for those who have preordered and those who have not less than 5 minutes
3. Wait in line and have your preorder confirmed and payment choice selected. 5-10 minutes *Yes, I have stood here for at least ten minutes once before
4. Find a table (this past time we walked around all three rooms for the longest time trying to find an available table somewhere) 5 minutes (more or less depending on the crowds)
5. Wait for food to be brought to the table Usually around 10 minutes
6. Eat said food (my kids are slower eaters and we order cupcakes with our food) 30 minutes

The women's restrooms in BOG always seem to have a line. It is crazy they don't have more stalls in the bathroom there. Something to think about if you are really trying to save time, you might be better off using the bathroom before or after elsewhere.

Hope that this might help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter