BOG breakfast rumor

Anyone excited for the menu?

At some point...magic kingdom reservations should be about something more than playing "king of the mountain" on the Internet...

(I know...you don't have to growl, scoff or roll your eyes...I can tell you are on the inside already :) )

Last edited:
Anyone excited for the menu?

At some point...magic kingdom reservations should be about something more than playing "king of the mountain" on the Internet...

(I know...you don't have to growl, scoff or roll your eyes...I can tell you are on the inside already :) )

When all the entrees are priced at $19.99 for items like a Croissant (fried) Donut, French Toast Sticks, Waffles or Egg Whites and the kids menu has Kellogg's Cereal with some fruit and some danish for $11.99 or a bowl of oatmeal and pastry for $11.99, not much for me to get excited about. I"m sure there will be plenty lining up to get into BOG for breakfast, but as for me and my house, we'll pass.

When all the entrees are priced at $19.99 for items like a Croissant (fried) Donut, French Toast Sticks, Waffles or Egg Whites and the kids menu has Kellogg's Cereal with some fruit and some danish for $11.99 or a bowl of oatmeal and pastry for $11.99, not much for me to get excited about. I"m sure there will be plenty lining up to get into BOG for breakfast, but as for me and my house, we'll pass.
Yeah, girlfriend and I were all excited because we'll be there a week from now, but when I saw the price we noped right out of this one. Of course, she's gluten free as well so it seems like just about every menu item shown so far would have something in it she can't have.

I cannot reserve because we are 5 months out, but I did peek at a random date in May and saw availability. My girls will love that early morning walk to the Castle, so I hope that we can do this in August. I like CP for breakfast, but for us, that meal takes so darn long!

It is a test. If it's successful it will be extended most likely.

I also think that by restricting the time frame allowed to make ADR's the system is not stretched to it's breaking point. I bet that after the epic crash for lunch ADR's the IT team recognized that there needs to be limits in place in order to accommodate all of th users.

Be our guest is a sad reminder to me that WDW's best days for the customer/fan are in the past...

It's s cool looking restaurant...but nothing to warrant knife fights over a dinner reservation and 1,000 in line for lunch.

For lunch and now breakfast...it's fast food at sit down prices. And the dinner was just ok...not really very good like all the other magic kingdom spots.

But people are fawning over this like rabid dogs...our standards have just been lowered. Just like another track for toy story and a theater for soarin. No net gain at higher prices.

Until they complete the conversion to "princess lagoon"...I'll be at EPCOT if you need me...

Last edited:
I cannot reserve because we are 5 months out, but I did peek at a random date in May and saw availability. My girls will love that early morning walk to the Castle, so I hope that we can do this in August. I like CP for breakfast, but for us, that meal takes so darn long!

It's a buffet...you could be out in 11 minutes if you wanted to

It's a buffet...you could be out in 11 minutes if you wanted to
Of course I could, but if I pay that much money for a character meal, I cannot imagine dragging the girls out before they meet every last one of them. It really takes a good amount of time for them to circle that large room.

Of course I could, but if I pay that much money for a character meal, I cannot imagine dragging the girls out before they meet every last one of them. It really takes a good amount of time for them to circle that large room.

I had a feeling you'd say that...

Then it's not the food you're there for... It's the entertainment. Like a ride.

Realistically...you can't have it both ways. Either the characters are worth it...or they're not...the poohs puffed French toast is good...but you're not paying $30 for that.

Character meals are really a ride up charge...if you think about it.

I had a feeling you'd say that...

Then it's not the food you're there for... It's the entertainment. Like a ride.

Realistically...you can't have it both ways. Either the characters are worth it...or they're not...the poohs puffed French toast is good...but you're not paying $30 for that.

Character meals are really a ride up charge...if you think about it.

I know what I am paying for, and I usually book several character meals. We do enjoy that early opening into the parks, and so I choose one breakfast on every trip. AS much as my girls would enjoy CP, I would skip it and use BOG breakfast as an opportunity for that early morning walk and be very happy. They are really into Princesses so these characters would simply be a novelty, but once inside I would never take them out to hit the attractions.

I often tease about my husband and his frugalness, but I must say that when it comes to indulging the family in Disney he is worse than me. If there is a character the girls want to meet, and the only opportunity is at a meal..we pay for it. For us, they are usually worth it. I actually like the food, but you are correct, we are paying a premium for the experience. This trip we are all going to more character meals than normal for these two Cuties, but they have never been and DH wants them to have as many Castles as they want.

I am so excited about this!!! I got up at 6am this morning and booked---party of 5, June 3 at 8:05.... My family is thrilled! I must confess, I didn't even look at the menu. It doesn't matter too much to us what they serve. We think its great to be able to get an early, before the park opens breakfast, in MK on a quick service credit at BOG. We've never done a MK breakfast before. What time do we get to enter the park? What proof do we take with us to get in early? Thanks to whom ever tipped us off about the booking window opening today!! So, So, happy!!

I am so excited about this!!! I got up at 6am this morning and booked---party of 5, June 3 at 8:05.... My family is thrilled! I must confess, I didn't even look at the menu. It doesn't matter too much to us what they serve. We think its great to be able to get an early, before the park opens breakfast, in MK on a quick service credit at BOG. We've never done a MK breakfast before. What time do we get to enter the park? What proof do we take with us to get in early? Thanks to whom ever tipped us off about the booking window opening today!! So, So, happy!!
There will be a CM outside MK (usually to the left) with a list of all early morning ADRs. Usually they just ask for your name, but I was asked for my confirmation number once. You are asked to check into your reservation 15 minutes early, so they should let you in around 7:45. Enjoy the empty park time and take lots of pictures!

Appears that the "test " has been extended and you can now book breakfast at BOG 90 days in advance; lunch and dinner is still 180.

The lunch was OK and a cut above fast food. They also bring it to you which makes it a bit different from standard fast food. However I would prefer to try dinner if we go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter