BOG breakfast for Mine train warning! Early ride not guaranteed

To be honest, I've never had breakfast at BOG. However, this is the first time I've ever heard any positive reviews about it.

To be honest, I've never had breakfast at BOG. However, this is the first time I've ever heard any positive reviews about it.

You should try it. Most of the negativity about BOG breakfast that I've read has revolved around the price and it has come from people who have not even tried it.

We booked two 8am breakfasts. The food was delicious and filling, but we rushed our breakfast a bit to ride The Mine Train that ended up being down anyways. We cancelled our second 8am breakfast because we know the ride isn't guaranteed and we prefer not to rush. Now we are actually looking for a late morning breakfast because we enjoyed the food so much.

You should try it. Most of the negativity about BOG breakfast that I've read has revolved around the price and it has come from people who have not even tried it.

We booked two 8am breakfasts. The food was delicious and filling, but we rushed our breakfast a bit to ride The Mine Train that ended up being down anyways. We cancelled our second 8am breakfast because we know the ride isn't guaranteed and we prefer not to rush. Now we are actually looking for a late morning breakfast because we enjoyed the food so much.

We've had lunch and dinner there and both were delicious. I was rather surprised to hear breakfast wasn't so good. It sounds like it's worth a try considering all the positive reviews here.

We've had lunch and dinner there and both were delicious. I was rather surprised to hear breakfast wasn't so good. It sounds like it's worth a try considering all the positive reviews here.
And you don't have to order for every member in your party. Maybe share an entree to save some money. You'll still get the pastries.

And you don't have to order for every member in your party. Maybe share an entree to save some money. You'll still get the pastries.

There are 4 of us and we're planning to share 3 meals (DH has a big appetite!). We wanted to eat there anyway, and I'd much rather go early than use valuable park time (we only have 3 park days). But glad to hear so many folks liking the food!

And if we get to ride 7DMT and jump in line for A&E a bit early, even better!

We were there with you! And for a second we thought they were doing a surprise M&G with Anna and Elsa .... Then found out it was an ad for Disney Destinations. But we rode 7DMT twice (if you were close to us on the line ... It was my daughter that went up to ask the CM if they'd be letting us on a little early...)

That's so funny, we saw her! (She's adorable by the way.) I agree, it was a great start to the day. And like others have said, I really enjoyed my breakfast (eggs florantine), they were delicious!

breakfast (eggs florantine)
Slight tangent: Are the Eggs Florentine served with the meat on the side or as part of the assembly? I'm used to hotel restaurants that treat Eggs Florentine as the vegetarian alternative to Eggs Benedict, and was disappointed to see the ham included.

Slight tangent: Are the Eggs Florentine served with the meat on the side or as part of the assembly? I'm used to hotel restaurants that treat Eggs Florentine as the vegetarian alternative to Eggs Benedict, and was disappointed to see the ham included.

The ham is on the side, along with tomatoes. The florentine itself is pastry and eggs.

I really wish that 7DMT was guaranteed early. I am eating at BOG at 8am so I can get into the park early to take pictures and then head towards BTMRR and SM. More people on 7DMT = Less people in Frontierland :cool1:

I really wish that 7DMT was guaranteed early. I am eating at BOG at 8am so I can get into the park early to take pictures and then head towards BTMRR and SM. More people on 7DMT = Less people in Frontierland :cool1:

Smart plan. It's amazing how much A&E and SDMT draw from the other areas of the park in the morning. Enjoy it while you can!

We were there on the 28th. Loved going through a nearly empty park! Lots of great pictures along the way. We were the second family into BOG that morning and it was amazing! Walking into the empty restaurant and having your choice of table was great. The food was good--not great, but not awful. We were on the dining plan so all got our own meals but easily could have split them.

We headed out around 8:30 and were again the second family in line for the Mine Train. Then came the CM with the news...."We're sorry. The mine train will not be up and running early. It won't open until 9:00 or possibly just after. In the meantime, we have Pooh open if you want to go there." No way I was giving up spot #2 in line!!! So we waited. A few minutes later. "Still sorry. Still won't open early. But we now have Peter Pan open as well." Still wasn't giving up my spot! By this time the line has gotten quite long but it seemed like most people were going to stick it out.

A few minutes later they directed our entire line over to the stand-by line so we'd be first before the rope drop crowd. Then I saw the crowd!!! Boy, it's a different perspective when you're standing there watching that crowd come towards you! And all I could think of was this thread and how that crowd was feeling when they walked into Fantasyland, thinking they were first in line, and then saw the 100 or more people already in line waiting!

Just about the same time, they did open the ride and walked us through the standby area (which I'd never seen, so was actually happy to bypass Fastpass line). There were a few early Fastpass people also loading but we were on the first runs of the day. Only got to do that one because the line was crazy afterwards, but it was still great.

So, no, there are no guarantees!

We were there last week with an 805 BOG reservation and the park opening at 9. We got out of BOG around 840 and went straight to the Mine Train. There was a cast member there waiting and she asked us if we wanted to ride, we said yes and she told us to go in the FP lane. We walked right up and got right on. After getting off and starting to walk through the exit line we decided to hop back into the FP line and got to ride again with no wait and only 2 other people in the train with us (it was only about 845 by then)!!! I'm glad we got to do it twice but honestly don't understand the 90 min wait for the ride, its very nice but really not that great...

We paid about $32. Ordered the cutting board with excellent french charcuterie and the kids scrambled eggs, shared all of it, relaxed over our meal enjoying the snow in the window, more food than we could finish and then rode mine train twice. It was a very nice way to start the day. Much better than dripping in sweat at the tunnel rope and then jockeying for position all the way down Main Street. Well worth the cost to me. And we slept later than usual because we were eating breakfast instead of waiting in line .... While we usually have to wake earlier to eat breakfast so we can get there in time to stand in line.

This is exactly why we do the same thing. It is a very nice way to start the day. Rather than waiting outside in the heat then being funneled through the tunnels. We had two ADRs 8/19 and 8/21. We rode 7DMTR early the first day then opted to get in line for PP the second day since we hadn't seen the new queue. The CMs we came across were more than happy to direct you to the rides you chose. Sorry the original OP came across one obviously having a bad day. We had the dining plan and feel it's a great value for a counter service. We loved the charcuterie and eggs florentine. Plus we had the pastries as snacks later in the day.

Last edited:
We were there last week with an 805 BOG reservation and the park opening at 9. We got out of BOG around 840 and went straight to the Mine Train. There was a cast member there waiting and she asked us if we wanted to ride, we said yes and she told us to go in the FP lane. We walked right up and got right on. After getting off and starting to walk through the exit line we decided to hop back into the FP line and got to ride again with no wait and only 2 other people in the train with us (it was only about 845 by then)!!! I'm glad we got to do it twice but honestly don't understand the 90 min wait for the ride, its very nice but really not that great...

I am really hoping that something similar happens on our trip. I intentionally booked BOG for breakfast to get the jump in the back of the park. I also booked breakfast because of our late jump to the vacation game - all of the other meals were filled at the restaurant for our week.

We were able to get in line early after our CP early-entry breakfast last week. After our BOG early-entry breakfast, SDMT was having a few technical issues so we did not get to ride early. However, they opened Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh for us and allowed us in the standby line just ahead of the rope droppers. The really went above and beyond!

Question about riding before rope drop: Since we will have a too short to ride child, can we get a rider swap before rope drop?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter