BOG and HEA Dessert Party

3minis

Earning My Ears
Wondering if anyone who has eaten at BOG for dinner before can give me some advice. I was able to snag a dinner reservation for 6:30pm at BOG after weeks of checking. We have reservations that same night for the HEA plaza garden view dessert party starting at 7:45pm (HEA is at 9:00pm that night). Plan is to have just dinner (no apps or dessert) at BOG, and 4 yr old DD really wants to meet Beast. I would be ok missing part of the party - going mainly for a quick dessert and the view - but am I cutting it too close?

You'd be getting out of BOG by about 7:30-7:45 if you are quick. You should make it to the dessert party in about 10 minutes. So, yes, you'd miss out a little on the desserts, but the dessert parties, at least to my knowledge, are ok with guests being a little late.

My main concern is how hungry will your family be for the dessert party itself? The portions at BOG dinner are huge! My family has 3 teenagers, and even then, the five of us split only three meals there. We were barely able to finish all the entrees. After remembering that feeling, and then thinking about eating at a dessert party 10 minutes after is making me queasy.

I understand you want to go just for the view, and that's alright. But thinking about paying $60 a person for noshing on basically 3 small desserts (I can't think of eating more than that without being sick) just doesn't sound like a good time.

Another example from my upcoming trip: I have a reservation for Le Cellier which was originally at 5:30. Then we thought about hitting R&C or FEA dessert party near 8 to watch Illuminations. Even after thinking this through, we thought that this was too close to each other. So I was able to move Le Cellier to 4:45 to give us more time to empty our stomachs.

Thanks for the response. I know what you mean about not being hungry for the desserts. I'd pass on BOG - the menu doesn't really appeal to me - but DD has been talking about wanting to meet the beast since last fall when we were there for breakfast (no beast) and as far as I know, BOG dinner is the only place to do that. And we only have one night in MK. So I'm torn. Maybe we'll do apps at BOG (with a dinner-sized tip for the server) and leave it at that (unless I can get an earlier BoG time - something to keep working on). Thanks again.

Last edited:
You will be absolutely fine. We've been to this party twice and I actually prefer being late (we usually show up 15 - 30 minutes late). 1) You'll avoid the mad dash of crowds heading to the dessert buffet. They refill the buffet during the entire party, so you aren't missing out if you get there late. The only thing you may not find is a coffee cup (they ran out when we went a few weeks ago). If that's the case, snag a CM and ask for more cups or, even easier, a to-go cup for coffee or tea (if you want it). 2) You'll most likely be seated in the lower area reserved for the plaza guests. It's right above the terrace viewing guests and it's much less chaotic than the upper part of the terrace. It's prettier too, IMHO. We are going again in December and will most definitely be, deliberately, 15 - 30 minutes late for the party.

I'm a big proponent of eating dinner before dessert - I can't eat sugar unless I've eaten a balanced meal beforehand - so I don't think you are cutting it close at all. Have your entree at BOG and dessert at the party - sounds perfect to me!

To be honest, hungry or not there are only so many desserts a person could eat. You're definitely not going to eat your money's worth in desserts, but it's still so worth it. We ate at a quick service just before the HEA dessert party last week and although we weren't starving, we each took what looked good and had a few bites. My kids (ages 5 and 8) loved it and so did we. The area you watch HEA in is great- there was a ton of space for the kids to play around in before fireworks and we had an amazing view. Do both, you won't regret it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter