BOG and Bechamel Cream Sauce

Vgraves2003

Mouseketeer
Bechamel Cream Sauce is on one of the sandwiches at BOG....what does this taste like? We are preordering today and I am wondering if this is something that I will ask to leave off the sandwich.

Thanks for any help!

Just in case, maybe you should ask to put it on the side!! So then you can try it for yourself. If it's on something, it would make sense that it would be on the ham and cheese. I had a croque madame at a diner once and completely fell in love with my sandwich because of the creamy bechamel. Makes the sandwich more decadent. Can't say the BOG one tastes the same, but I personally like bechamel sauce in general.

Just in case, maybe you should ask to put it on the side!! So then you can try it for yourself. If it's on something, it would make sense that it would be on the ham and cheese. I had a croque madame at a diner once and completely fell in love with my sandwich because of the creamy bechamel. Makes the sandwich more decadent. Can't say the BOG one tastes the same, but I personally like bechamel sauce in general.

It is on the ham and cheese sandwhich there! Thanks for the advice

I asked this same question back in 2014 for this exact meal. DH and I are kinda plain jane's when it comes to eating and I wasn't sure. But we really enjoyed the sandwich as is, to me it just kept it from being too dry. I plan to order the same thing again for our upcoming trip!

FYI when you arrive at the restaurant and have pre-ordered they take you to pay and double check your order - you can make changes there such as asking for sauce on the side of you are unable to do that online. After calling the kitchen to ask they were able to upsize my picky daughter's child order of grilled cheese to adult size on the spot. (We were on dining plan and the employee noticed she ordered a kids meal which is not cost effective obviously).

A bechamel is a cream sauce generally used as the basis for a cheese sauce (like for mac and cheese). It is made with flour, butter, and heavy cream generally.

Béchamel is the simplest of French mother sauces. The ingredients are flour, butter, milk, salt and pepper (preferably white pepper). The Joy of Cooking gets fancy by simmering the milk with an onion stuck with cloves and a bay leaf, which are all discarded before adding the milk to the butter/flour roux; Julia Child gives the simpler recipe. Though sometimes called a cream sauce, proper béchamel doesn't have any cream unless you count the butter, but cream can be added to make a richer white cream sauce.

A cream soup, such as cream of celery or chicken, starts out as a béchamel to which stock and the veggies or meat are added. A thicker version with grated cheese added, as PP indicated, can be used to make a mac and cheese that beats anything out of a box.

When I was a teen, we took a vacation that included a week outside of Disneyland. We'd travel to see other sights in LA, but DL was our base, and the having paid for a single day's admission, adding extra days was cheap. One of the restaurants there (Carnation?) had a whitefish in béchamel that was wonderful. Since we didn't eat meat unless it was kosher, and my mother never made rich sauces or gravies, I went back to that restaurant several times for the fish. It's one of the strongest memories I have of that trip.

Try it, you'll like it.

The bechamel sauce is what makes a Croque Madame a Croque Madame. Otherwise, it's just a ham and cheese sandwich. It makes the sandwich rich and creamy and delicious. I quite liked BOGs Croque Madame. It's one of my favourite breakfast items - I order it frequently at our Saturday morning post-exercise brunch place. The one at BOG was almost as good.

I use a bechamel sauce as the basis for a lot of sauces, including cheese sauce. You can add a lot of different ingredients to it for different meals. I use it as the basis for a mustard/horseradish sauce on pork, pepper sauce (on pretty much anything), or just add herbs or different types of cheese. Yum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter