BOG ADR had to change from lunch to breakfast...

Luv Daisy

Earning My Ears
I added a person to my BOG ADR but there was nothing available for lunch so I had to change it to breakfast. This will be our first time there. Should I leave it as is or keep trying for a cancellation for lunch? Which one, in your opinion, is better, breakfast or lunch?

I would keep it to lunch but just try to make a reservation close to the same time as you seat yourself.

I’m in the seeming minority who likes breakfast at BOG so I wouldn’t say “don’t have breakfast there.” I do prefer lunch (I feel like you get a little more for the price tag but I didn’t walk away from breakfast hungry either).

We picked breakfast although I heard that lunch is better only because my husband is a picky eater.

We picked breakfast although I heard that lunch is better only because my husband is a picky eater.
There’s plenty at either seating for a picky eater, so don’t let that discourage you one way or another. The kids meals especially are great (and if it’s not enough food ordering two is an option). If you skip pre-ordering and work with a CM to place your order items can be modified as well.

Search for 1 person in the same range as your reservation. Should be able to add one on. Also look for 2 in the same range, that might work better.

For lunch since it's filled to capacity you can have a reservation for just one to add the additional person. Did you already cancel your reservation?

I think it will be easier to get a breakfast ADR as opposed to a lunch ADR and it has everything to do with price. Breakfast is more expensive (than typical QSRs) for reasons beyond my understanding. So that will likely scare people in favor of the more affordable lunch experience.

But as one poster mentioned, your best bet is to find a separate reservation for the additional 1 person that overlaps with your current reservation if you're really set on lunch. Some openings might pop up closer to your trip but it's risky.

I would keep what you have, and look for an ADR for 1 or 2. Both meals are good, but I prefer lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter