• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Body glide or similar?

disneydarling07

The answer to all worries-YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY!
I cannot seem to find body glide or anything like it in the stores?
What area should I be looking in in the store?
Maybe I'm totally off...

Maybe I'm totally off...
My Glide Version is by Band Aid and I cannot live without it for Disney or wherever.

I buy it at Walgreen's (I'm in the Midwest) in the Band Aid section.

Maybe I'm totally off...

I've always purchased Body Glide at a sporting goods store...not sure where to look for it at other stores. I've also purchased Gold Bond Friction Defense Stick (looks like deodorant) at Walmart...but I can't remember where it was located...possibly with the first aid stuff. I've also used the Band-Aid blister block -- I think that's usually in the foot care area -- or possibly first aid. (I'm a huge help, aren't I???? :D) The other thing I've used is Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel Powder (that's found with the feminine products...that one's easy!!!) and that's actually the one that works the best for me.

I use something called Chafing relief powder-gel. I get it over in the feminine hygiene area, but its not just for women. You can get it at any SuperTarget.

You can find body glide at Dick's Sporting Goods if you have one of those near you. It is near the running shoes.

I bought mine at the Mall of America---at a store specializing in running and running attire, footwear, etc. I believe it's called "The Running Room".

Was wondering if it is used under shorts in the thigh area does it feel sticky?

My Target has small sticks of Body Glide and Foot Glide in the section with athletic equipment. I order the deodorant sized sticks off Amazon (they last a really long time). I also really like Monistat Chafing relief gel, which is shelved with feminine hygiene. The branding is unfortunate because it's wonderful for everyone.

I also recommend "Monistat Complete Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel", I've used it for several trips and you can find it in the feminine Hygiene section at either Walmart or Target. I also use it as a make up primer, under foundation.

If you need it while at Disney, Fit2Run in Disney Springs sells Body Glide!

DH recommends plain vaseline. He says that's what the marathoners he knows use (including him). Cheaper!

DH loves Body Glide but we also use Baza antifungal barrier cream at times and also Microguard powder....both have 2% Miconozole and can be purchased over the counter when you ask the pharmacist or via Amazon. I usually purchase several at a time. For the females reading the thread, I always wear bra liners for absorption and when hot they can also be placed under the tummy for wicking. I just purchased some out of bamboo fibers and they are very soft. As a wound care nurse I see lots of skin issues and recommend these products many times, again I am just spreading the word and feel comfortable talking about these products becasue they do not need a prescription. DH used to laugh at me until he needed some one day...:smooth:

For dry cracked heels I used Altrac-Tain moisturizing cream with 10% urea...little goes a long way and almost overnight the dry skin is gone.

I would recommend anti-chafing gel (several brands including the Monistat one another poster mentioned above). It dries silky smooth and is very comfortable. Basically anything with the main ingredient dimethecone.

I purchased Body Glide for our first trip based on recommendations from this board. I used it on my feet (with crocs flip flops). I didn't even make it to the bus stop because it was so sticky and irritating. I had to go back to the room, wash my feet off, and put on socks and sneakers (and I could still feel it). I would have absolutely lost my mind if I had tried it out on my thighs and then tried walking around the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter