Bobbles vs. water delivery for our Dec. stay?

nilseks

DIS Veteran
I recently bought 2 Bobbles for $6 each on sale at Old Navy, as well as a couple of filters for $4 each. I bought them for my boys to use at school (which is not air conditioned) but now I'm thinking of taking them to Disney instead of having our usual 2 cases of water delivered. I never buy bottled water at home because I hate the environmental impacts, but I do it during Disney stays b/c we dislike the taste of the water.

So what I'm wondering is, has anyone used a Bobble at Disney, and did it filter out the 'eggish' taste? :confused3 I searched the boards and didn't come up with much.

Thanks!

On our last trip I brought bobbles. Honestly I'm so grossed out by some of what I've seen happen at park waterfountains that I just bring in two water bottles with me and call it a day. I love my bobble for the gym and use it regularly just not at the parks.

We bought Bobbles for our entire party (gifts) and we all swear by them. One of the funniest moments on our trip in July was when we were standing at the water fountain in Tomorrowland, filling our bottles. I took a swig from my bottle and -- just as a bit of an experiment -- took a sip from the fountain.

SOOOOOOOOOOO NASTY!

What's funnier is that my friends all followed suit!

Anyways, point being, the water in the Bobbles tasted *so* okay that I thought perhaps I was making up a faulty memory of how bad the fountain water at WDW is. There might be the slightest sulferic taste left over, but I mean really very minimal -- I hate water to begin with and it didn't bother me.

I swear by the Bobbles, and use them all the time at home as well, so for me, the Bobbles win, hands-down. :)

Hi there,

we dont have these sort of things in the Uk, do you know where the best place to buy these is? for example we will be making an initial trip to Walmart will i find these there?

Thanks for your help

On our last trip I brought bobbles. Honestly I'm so grossed out by some of what I've seen happen at park waterfountains that I just bring in two water bottles with me and call it a day. I love my bobble for the gym and use it regularly just not at the parks.

You can get free water which I believe is filtered from anywhere that sells soda. No need to use the water fountain. We found that water bottles got warm so fast it wasn't worth it. (Plus I hate buying them for the waste.) We bring in refillable bottles and get ice water from the vendors.

Yay, so glad to hear they worked! Thanks Carrie!!

And yep Zoe, that's what I'm planning on doing. My friend told me you can ask for ice water but I didn't know it was filtered. That's good to know. I was figuring I would just fill up both Bobbles before we leave our hotel, and then again when we stop for a meal or whatnot. We're going in December so I don't think it will warm such that our water bottles will get hot really quickly--been there, done that last October.

Yay, so glad to hear they worked! Thanks Carrie!!

And yep Zoe, that's what I'm planning on doing. My friend told me you can ask for ice water but I didn't know it was filtered. That's good to know. I was figuring I would just fill up both Bobbles before we leave our hotel, and then again when we stop for a meal or whatnot. We're going in December so I don't think it will warm such that our water bottles will get hot really quickly--been there, done that last October.

water from anyplace that has a soda machine. Many of the little popcorn type of stands do.

Have fun!

Honestly, Even the filtered water had a taste that I could not drink... it tasted almost soapy. I still got filtered cold water and transferred it into my bobble. I love it! The only change I would have done is bought the smaller one. The big one gets heavy.

Just came from Target and they had the medium sized ones for $9 and the 32 ounce for $11. I like to fill up my bobbles in the room, then have cold water when I get back from the parks. I don't mind the water at the parks.

I don't have experience with the bobbles, but everything I read about them was positive.

We were at WDW in august and I took along the Brita filter water bottle (Target for about $10.00). It worked wonderfully. The lid screws off and you can put ice and water inside.

We never filled up at the water fountains though, we always got cups of ice water at the dining counters.

I would rather do this, than order a case of water bottles and have to carry them around all dayh - makes a bag very heavy!!

Good to know that the Bobbles take the sulfur taste out of the water there. I had bought some for us right before our trip in January and chickened out and returned them. We had a car for our stay, and were going to buy bottled water anyway. Plus, we had free dining and got some Dasani waters for snack credits, and that turned out to be enough, at least for January, in the cold weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter