Bob Memorial Show

Dian-er

Mouseketeer
I just had a chance to watch the 5-27-14 Memorial show. I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks so much for keeping his memory alive & bringing him to new watchers. I knew he's looking over your shoulders & enjoying the video show. As you all mentioned, he envisioned the video show from the get-go.
I'm not able to listen or pop on the site as much as I have in the past due to my 10-14 hour work days. I thought going to 4 ten hour days would give me more time, not so. When I am off, I'm often wiped slick, this body isn't getting any younger you know. However, I do try to pop in at least weekly.
Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing Bawb with us Dian-er.

Val & I would love to meet you (in the park or elsewhere) sometime when you get a break in your hectic schedule.

Dian-er, I'm glad you can at least get on weekly! I really appreciate that you are sharing with all of us. I still enjoy going back and listening to the podcasts from when Bawb was a part of it. He made such an impression on many that is everlasting. He touched our lives in a way that's hard to describes.
Hugs to you Dian-er.

Haven't watched it yet - plan to tonight. Your husband must have been a great guy - he meant so much to so many wonderful people.
:-)

Sharing him helps keep the memory alive. He was a fun guy. Still miss him, but he is very much with Brian & I. We have had some interesting phenomina in the house around his birthday & anniversary of his passing. So I know he's watching over us.

Hi Dian-er

Glad you are still able to catch up with the boards and the show every now and again. I though you might like my Bob story - I moved house last summer and went to the supermarket to get some boxes. All they had was a huge stack of banana boxes and I remembered how Bob used to go on about them on the podcast so though I would try them out. Well he was right! If you need to move stuff banana boxes are you friend. Even better when you add a bit of duct tape to keep them closed :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to visiting WDW next year and having a Dole Whip for Bob :thumbsup2

The Bawb Memorial Show was great! :thumbsup2 We began listening to the Podcasts as a result of the news of Bob's passing. We wanted to check it out & see who everyone was talking about. We went back quite a ways & listened to the "Bob" shows & enjoyed him soooo much! We too miss Bob - even though we only got to know him after he was gone. He was such a personality!!

Our fave of the old podcasts was Bob's review of Rix. It was a "classic"!! :rotfl: We are staying at CSR this December & plan to order a "mo-gee-toe" in Bob's honor!! I cracked up when Corey went around asking for one in the 7-in-7 review video! :rotfl2:

Every trip includes a Dole Whip for Bob!

Thank you for sharing him with us Dian-er! He certainly left his legacy. Hugs to you & Brian :hug:

I've been listening to archived podcasts and it's been a pleasure to get to know Bob (younger versions of the rest of the podcast team too!) Bob has made me belly laugh on SO many occasions - namely the "Pig doot" in Kissimmee, and mistakenly calling Innoventions "Interventions." I still laugh out loud whenever I even think of them. Count me in as a member of the Bawb fan base!

I am very thankful that the team does a Bob memorial every year. It really helps new viewers/listeners understand the history of the podcast and who Bob Varley was. Having the old shows available for listening really is a blessing so we can all get to know him. Like I wrote in my letter to team, Bob is probably one of only a few people who could make friends from the afterlife. It really is an amazing thing and judging by other posts here, there are a lot of us who met Bob after he passed.

Dian-er, I hope you find comfort knowing that Bob is still making an impact on the lives of others. I can only imagine what phenomena occurred in your house to let you know he is watching over you and Brian. He came up with such creative ideas while he was here (empty dole whips) that I can only imagine what he is up to now. Sending love to you and your family.

I hope they do put the Best of Bob II show up on the site to share with everyone. My intent was to create a show to help old fans celebrate Bob and new listeners meet Bob for the first time. Although a lot of us do go back and listen to the old shows, I’m sure there are people who don’t have time to go through all the archives. They may however give a listen one show with all the funniest moments. I think the clips in this show really capture the essence of Bob. His Boston accent, his ability to mispronounce words, his ability to drive the team crazy, and his ability to send the team into fits of uncontrollable laughter. These really are priceless moments.

It's good to get a chance again to tell you how much we appreciate all of the time both you and Bob gave to the DIS. The biggest honor Pete ever gave me was to tell me how much I was like Bob when I joined the team. His unfailing and selfless love of everything he did was so evident that I am privileged to be considered to share his traits. (I apparently drive Pete crazy in the same way, too!). One day I hope we get a chance to visit and chat.

Much love to you!

Thank you, all of you. You have no idea how heart warming it is the read about you & your experiences with catching up on Bob. He was unique & I'm am so lucky to have had him in my life. Life was NEVER dull with him around. Some of the pre-disney things we did:
Chasing hot air balloons on Sunday ams, we helped bring them down & fold them up when their teams were lost
Building & launching rockets,
Fractured field trips with fun stuff at the end, some unplanned.
Camping at Strawberry Park in CT
As for his looking out for us, things happen
Brian's phone flying off his bedside table, an untouched soccer ball rolling across the room over an extension cord, my cell phone charger popping off it all on his birthday this year. Things that we KNOW we put "right ther" not "there, but found somewhere else days later-this happens all the time.

Thank you, all of you. You have no idea how heart warming it is the read about you & your experiences with catching up on Bob. He was unique & I'm am so lucky to have had him in my life. Life was NEVER dull with him around. Some of the pre-disney things we did:
Chasing hot air balloons on Sunday ams, we helped bring them down & fold them up when their teams were lost
Brian's phone flying off his bedside table, an untouched soccer ball rolling across the room over an extension cord, my cell phone charger popping off it all on his birthday this year. Things that we KNOW we put "right ther" not "there, but found somewhere else days later-this happens all the time.

I enjoyed "seeing" both of you on Antiques Roadshow. :goodvibes

I am sure life was never dull with Bob! He was lucky to have you in his life, as you appreciate who and what he was...a one of a kind, genuine person.

I'm so glad that you are staying on this site and posting to let us know how you're doing.

From 1999, the Bawb "Secret Agent Code Sheet" that he would use during chat. He loved to do fun stuff like this....

hi , here is the secret agent code sheet that will be needed to translate the important messages that will be sent during chat in the next few days.
this is being done to give you a special little feeling for yourself while everyone else is down at the anniversary party. we might as well have a little fun while the rest are playing at wdw.

secret agent code chart

key words actual words

guess ---------------------------- at
happy ----------------------------- angry
everyone ----------------------------- today
plane ----------------------------- air
did ----------------------------- I
goes ----------------------------- secret
hook ----------------------------- telephone
restaurant ------------------------------ cc
weasel ------------------------------ no
said ------------------------------ tomorrow
club ------------------------------ golf
green ------------------------------ blue
the ------------------------------ tell
trivia ------------------------------ Adam
base ------------------------------ ball
what ------------------------------ to
ship ------------------------------ helicopter
you ------------------------------ am
d.i.s. ------------------------------ peter
pop ------------------------------ top
boat ------------------------------ water
soft ------------------------------ pillow
blast ------------------------------ anniversary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter