Boatwright's suggestions

Unfortunately, we have eaten there twice and I doubt we will go back. The food was tasteless...some of it was even cold. The staff was nice, but both times it felt like they were understaffed.

I hope you have a better result when you go!

It's been a few years since we ate there but we loved the Mardi Gras Fritters, which are fried pimento cheese balls. So good!

Ooh, that does sound good! I haven't eaten there since we stayed at PoR as a kid. It was called Dixie Landings back then which is how long ago it was!

We ate there last week and really enjoyed our meal. Both of us had the French Onion Soup, which was really good. My husband had the Prime Rib, and I had the Hot Chicken - both were very, very good. Both loved the corn bread. I didn't care for their baked beans, but the greens were great. My husband had some sort of bread pudding for dessert, and I had the Crème Brulee - both were excellent.

We were just there a couple months ago, and I loved the Louisiana Lugger. The pork chop was OK, but the real star for me was the sweet potato hash. I'm thinking that next time I might ask for twice as much sweet potato hash and half as much pork chop. Part of me would be OK with all sweet potato hash, but the pork chop was good, just too much and not enough sweet potato hash for me.

Well, I just saw their most recent menu and the Louisiana Lugger is no more. It figures! Why do my favorite meals always seem to get taken off the menu? But next time I'm there I'm going to ask for the vegetarian menu to see if my sweet potato hash still lives. But, if you're listening Disney, I HATE Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake, so don't bother taking that off the menu at LTT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter