Boathouse - how's the lobster roll?

Maggie The Cat

Mouseketeer
I've never had one, thinking of trying it for dinner.
That or the jumbo lump crab cake and a side of truffle fries.

Thoughts?

I guess I will be the dissenting voice on the lobster roll. It's pretty decent, but I was disappointed as I usually love my food at Boathouse. I think it depends on where else you've had them. We travel to New England / Eastern Canada a lot, so that's our bar for lobster. It didn't help that the one time I tried it at Boathouse, we had just gotten back from Maine / Nova Scotia / PEI a few weeks before so that lobster was fresh on my mind.

I wouldn't get it again - especially considering what they charge for it, but I do love Boathouse. Sorry, I've never had the crab cake there, so can't comment on that.

Last edited:
I haven’t had the lobster roll.
Crab cake was maybe not the best I’ve had (fresh Maryland crab cant be beat) but still very good and I would order it again.

I had it in November at lunch as I love lobster rolls. I liked it very much, but it wasn’t transcendent - I did love the fries. I don’t quite get the absolute raves for this place - I liked it quite a bit, but raves? Maybe dinner would have been better?

I think you will enjoy it. Especially if you don’t have any others to compare it with. They seem to be prepared a little differently everywhere. Everyone has their preferences, too.

The crab cake was enjoyable, but I preferred the stuffed lobster.

You’ll enjoy it ...lobster rolls are sooo good. And, they make it the Maine/New England way, cool w/ mayo, not warm and dipped in butter (which I’d never eat)
Just a note that, while it's not on the menu, both options are available. They will also do it Connecticut style (warm and with butter). Realize it's polarizing but nice they offer both options.

You’ll enjoy it ...lobster rolls are sooo good. And, they make it the Maine/New England way, cool w/ mayo, not warm and dipped in butter (which I’d never eat)
It's funny you mentioned that. We had lobster rolls in Maine two weeks ago. The two we had in Portland were served with melted butter. The roll I had in Kennebunkport was the mayo type. In our opinion, none of them were as good as the rolls we had last year in Mount Dora, FL, which could be ordered either way. We ordered one of each & thought the one with melted butter was the best, but both were better than the rolls in Maine. We didn't even finish the rolls we ordered in Portland. They had no flavor. That said, the rolls in Maine did have more lobster in them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter