• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boathouse Dinner.

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
For anyone that's been curious as to why there's been no dinner Boathouse ADRs , according to the CM I spoke to in Disney Signature Services, they're only taking "walk-ups" between the hours of 5:00-7:00 (or maybe it was 7:30). I told her we booked through OpenTable and she said its quite possible they opened up reservations through OpenTable but not through Disney.

Didn't know there was any problem making ADRs for Boathouse but I also use opentable pretty much exclusively for Disney Springs; much easier.

Really? The Disney CM said that ?

More proof they just make things up because as the OP noticed they are putting those reservations on Open Table.

I expect the REAL story is Boathouse is not releasing those to Disney probably because the reservations they get via Disney either (a) aren't as profitable from the payment side (aka as DDP reimbursement ) or (b) Disney is taking a too large cut for the reservation itself so it's cheaper to use OpenTable for your prime dining and give Disney the leftovers.

Didn't know there was any problem making ADRs for Boathouse but I also use opentable pretty much exclusively for Disney Springs; much easier.

There's been no reservations past 3:00pm'ish for our November trip at all - and I've been on the watch as we get closer to December opening up and so far nada.

The Boathouse is much easier to get using OpenTable than Disney. We got a reservation the day before on our last trip. Other than Homecomin I believe most if not all Disney Springs table service restaurants are on Open Table.

Why would anyone book through Disney if you could get a reservation on OpenTable? Is there any reason that I don't know about?

Really? The Disney CM said that ?

More proof they just make things up because as the OP noticed they are putting those reservations on Open Table.

I expect the REAL story is Boathouse is not releasing those to Disney probably because the reservations they get via Disney either (a) aren't as profitable from the payment side (aka as DDP reimbursement ) or (b) Disney is taking a too large cut for the reservation itself so it's cheaper to use OpenTable for your prime dining and give Disney the leftovers.

Yep. Sounds like contract re-negotiation at it's finest, LOL. I'm not worried for either party since they seem well matched.
The consumer is good using a third party reservation system like open table which is easy to add to your MDE via "Notes".

Why would anyone book through Disney if you could get a reservation on OpenTable? Is there any reason that I don't know about?
None that I know of. We were asked if we were using any Disney Dining Plans before ordering. We weren't but it is a 2Ts credit restaurant. Our meal would have a money maker for The Boathouse as our entrees were in the low $20s .

We are going in November and one of our dinners is at the Boathouse. Disney did not have it open nor did open table. I called the restaurant and made the reservation directly..

Thanks so much for suggestion to use OpenTable. I have been trying to get a dinner for two for me and my wife in November and nothing after 4pm. OpenTable had plenty of options! Thanks again!

Thanks so much for suggestion to use OpenTable. I have been trying to get a dinner for two for me and my wife in November and nothing after 4pm. OpenTable had plenty of options! Thanks again!

Open table is great for all the DS table service restaurants except Homecomin', currently.

Just got my November dinner rez there through Open Table. I agree with pp's that there is no reason not to go through Open Table - the only downside for me is it won't show up in MDE which is how I like to view all my plans. But nice to know it's possible to get a rez since until I read this 1st post I assumed they were already booked up!

Just got my November dinner rez there through Open Table. I agree with pp's that there is no reason not to go through Open Table - the only downside for me is it won't show up in MDE which is how I like to view all my plans. But nice to know it's possible to get a rez since until I read this 1st post I assumed they were already booked up!
Set up a "Note" on MDE and put the open table info in. It will now show up in your MDE in day and hour order.

We always make our Boathouse reservations through Opentable.....have to get pts whenever possible....lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter