Boat rentals

sarcasticblonde

DIS Veteran
How many of you have ever rented small boats to pilot yourself around the lake? We are staying at Beach Club and would love to rent one of the smaller boats to tool around the lake on our downtime. Looks like $45 per 30 minutes for the 6 passenger boat (we are a family of 4). Neither of us has ever drove a boat before so should be interesting. Just curious of other's experiences with it. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, here a link from the WDW site:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/motorized-boats/

How many of you have ever rented small boats to pilot yourself around the lake? We are staying at Beach Club and would love to rent one of the smaller boats to tool around the lake on our downtime. Looks like $45 per 30 minutes for the 6 passenger boat (we are a family of 4). Neither of us has ever drove a boat before so should be interesting. Just curious of other's experiences with it. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, here a link from the WDW site:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/motorized-boats/
I can't answer about the 6 person boat, but Dh and I just rented SeaRaycers in January at Yacht Club and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! We think we might do this every trip now because it was that much fun.

We love renting boats at WDW. We tend to do the larger pontoon boats, but any of them are fun. You also can choose to rent them from any resort. Our favorite is to rent them from a resort on Bay Lake (WL, Fort Wilderness, or CR) and then you can drive the boat across the water bridge to the Seven Seas Lagoon and can boat right near MK. You can also do this from the GF or Poly as well. Over on the Bay Lake side you can boat all around the old Discovery Island and check out what's left of River Country before they start building the new Reflections resort. Over by Beach Club the lake is quite a bit smaller, but there's still stuff to see. Don't worry about not having any boating experience, they are quite easy to drive and they show you everything you need. Also there are lake patrol security people all around to help you out if you have any problem. Have Fun!

We love renting boats at WDW. We tend to do the larger pontoon boats, but any of them are fun. You also can choose to rent them from any resort. Our favorite is to rent them from a resort on Bay Lake (WL, Fort Wilderness, or CR) and then you can drive the boat across the water bridge to the Seven Seas Lagoon and can boat right near MK. You can also do this from the GF or Poly as well. Over on the Bay Lake side you can boat all around the old Discovery Island and check out what's left of River Country before they start building the new Reflections resort. Over by Beach Club the lake is quite a bit smaller, but there's still stuff to see. Don't worry about not having any boating experience, they are quite easy to drive and they show you everything you need. Also there are lake patrol security people all around to help you out if you have any problem. Have Fun!
The nice thing about the yacht club area is they let you drive all the way to hs. We want to try the mk area though!

We have rented Sea Raycers twice now from the Contemporary and LOVED it! If you can choose, I’d say the MK area is quite a bit better as there’s more to see as you’re driving around. They don’t go too fast, but it’s really a unique experience, and pretty reasonably priced in my opinion!

We have rented Sea Raycers twice now from the Contemporary and LOVED it! If you can choose, I’d say the MK area is quite a bit better as there’s more to see as you’re driving around. They don’t go too fast, but it’s really a unique experience, and pretty reasonably priced in my opinion!
Did you do them by yourself or together? Dh and I rode together but I’m wondering if we rode separate if they would go faster.

Did you do them by yourself or together? Dh and I rode together but I’m wondering if we rode separate if they would go faster.

We rented three - two with two people in each and then the third with one person in. One of ours was slightly slower but otherwise the other two seemed to be going at a similar speed. If they did go faster with just one person in each, I don’t think it would be by much. :(

We rented three - two with two people in each and then the third with one person in. One of ours was slightly slower but otherwise the other two seemed to be going at a similar speed. If they did go faster with just one person in each, I don’t think it would be by much. :(
It’s probably for the best with them being so close to the water. When we went in January we got soaked because they had emergency speed boats coming through. We went over their wake because we had nowhere else to go and got soaked lol. It was so much fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter