Boat Rental and Fishing

I did it when we stayed at the Yacht Club a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. It was an early morning and I went fishing in the EPCOT lagoon before the park opened. I was catching fish all around the world!
OK, but that wasn't the only reason you went there was it?

I agree, but that wasn't the question. It was basically... can I just fish off the dock and not pay for that arrangement. I don't even deny that it might be relaxing, but it is one expensive overall fishing trip. Want to really fish go to the coast and do some deep sea stuff and not try to snag whatever part of the fish that hasn't already had hundreds of hook run through it. It is a simple matter of Disney is a lot of things but it is way to expensive to be a fishing trip. Gator hunting, maybe, but not the captive fish in Disney's barrel.
The original poster would have preferred the fishing excursion option but as they mentioned, it is all booked for their vacation dates because it is an option people enjoy.

You seem to enjoy having a negative opinion about paying for the fishing excursion while at Disney. That's ok to have that opinion, I'm presenting a different point of view. For us and many others, it isn't too expensive to enjoy a fishing trip at WDW as that is how we choose to spend our money. Just as others choose to have park hoppers, take a Minnie Van instead of a bus, eat every meal at a table service, etc- there are lots of ways to choose to spend your money at Disney and this is how we choose to do so.

Please keep this thread on topic to OP’s request and not judging other guest’s vacation choices.

Further argumentative/off topic posts will be deleted and points may be given.

Last edited:
Yes. We were told when we rented a pontoon that whenever we wanted to change seats, change driver, etc, to please stop the boat first, then move around. We changed “captain” several times during our outing no problem, and they were definitely watching
That would have been helpful, they never told us any of that before we went on the boat. Seems way overboard for safety it is a pontoon with rails all around, getting on a moving dark ride like little mermaid etc. is way more dangerous. If they had told us the rules beforehand though we would have followed them and stopped the boat each time we wanted to switch seats.

We've gotten in when someone cancels. It's still tough to get a reservation though.

Have never tried the Fort W fishing, didn't think the Port Orleans was worth it.

Have rented a pontoon, but never asked about fishing from it. Highly doubt its allowed.
Polish_20210812_200526507.jpg

Polish_20210812_200546606.jpg

Last edited:

The only officially allowed fishing in Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoons are the officially sanctioned (and paid for) fishing excursions with an official Disney Guide on the boat.

Officially speaking at Fort Wilderness, you are not permitted to cast your own rod into Bay Lake or the canals that run through the Fort. The only places you can officially fish in is the pond in front of the Bike Barn (between it and the Meadow Trading Post). If you are publicly casting anywhere else, you will probably encounter a CM coming up to you informing you of the above rules.

These are the OFFICIAL rules. Anything else is a lost revenue opportunity.

Bama Ed

PS - I can't speak for any other Disney resorts but I would think the approach is the same. The official policy is out there for you to follow at each resort.

Hey Bama Ed! Thanks for sharing these official rules and insights about fishing at Disney. It's essential to know the regulations to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience. If you're looking for more fun things to do in Homosassa or any other Disney resort areas, be sure to check out local recommendations and explore all the exciting activities available. Happy fishing and adventuring!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter