Boat from Swan to HS for rope drop

lnR_Texas

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have recent experience using the boat from the Swan to DHS? What time does the first boat run? Is it better to walk? Trying to make it to DHS by 8 am.

I always plan to walk and if the boat is right there when I’m walking, I try to hop on, otherwise I keep walking. Saves my legs but as said above, about 2-5 minutes slower.

Plan to walk if you don't want to be disappointed if you arrive later than you wanted. You KNOW exactly what time you'll get there if you walk. You do not know how long you might have to wait for a boat, you can only estimate. If you can hop on a boat when you are leaving, I'd hop on, but I'd pretty much plan on walking.

We always walk, 10-20 min tops depending on starting point. Gentle inclines and not too stressful. Usually beat the boat and don't have to worry about getting on in the wrong pickup order and being taken back to the where we just came from, has happened to us before. Usually take boat back at the end of the day/night.

We also walk and usually beat the boat. The only time we ride the boat is if it's already at the dock when we walk up and has already unloaded and is in the process of loading.

Usually take boat back at the end of the day/night.
Yeahhhhh.....that would be nice, wouldn’t it?? I will never forget the night after the ToT race party...I’d run 10 miles (after a 5k that morning), then the party, and then there was a line for the boat so DH wanted us to walk back. He and the kids had napped while I ran, so he was power-walking back to the Dolphin to get to bed! I swear I was like 200 yards behind them all—I was sure I’d be gator bait LOL. But yes, you can’t beat having the option to host or walk!!

If we are taking a Lyft...is it a shorter walk from the Speedway gas station, or the Swan?
Need to know best place for drop off. I am aware about the street crossing from Speedway.

If we are taking a Lyft...is it a shorter walk from the Speedway gas station, or the Swan?
Need to know best place for drop off. I am aware about the street crossing from Speedway.
According to google maps, Swan is 0.8 miles to front of HS, Speedway is 0.7 miles.

Six of one - half dozen of the other.

Our experience in January was walkers will definitely make the tapstiles well before the first boats. We walked and were the very first to load on SDD...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter