• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk vs. Beach Club

Is there any big difference seen in the fact that a 2BR at the BWV has a foldaway bed for the 3rd and 4th spots in thre second bedroom?

Both are lovely, but I think Beach Club has the edge - pools are important to us and Stormalong Bay is hands down the best pool we’ve ever had at a hotel we’ve stayed at. In August it’s hot enough that you can be swimming up until 11pm so it’s easier to make use of the pool. I also prefer the layout to the Boardwalk Inn as the hotel feels more “connected” to its restaurants and shops than BWI, in my opinion. :)

I loved my stay at the Boardwalk. Before I got there I was nervous about the room decor, but I really loved it. We stayed in a one-bedroom villa and it was really nice, got an upgraded view. It was my birthday and they put balloons on the door and a card signed by Mickey in my room. Never had that before it was pretty awesome. The pool was way less crowded than when I stayed at Beach Club and I just liked it more. Liked the slide better too.

I think BWI is just less hectic than BC. A lot of people go to BC for the restaurants and we found it always to just be hectic and busy. The vibe over at Boardwalk is much more laid back. And I know you said that you won't have time for the pool, but in the off chance that you do, my kids loved the pool at BWI. It has a really great (if not a little creepy) slide.

First let me say we are 60+ now and have mostly stayed an epcot resort since 1992 (before Boardwalk). BC & YC were great when child was 9-18. That pool is awesome.
However, after they added the BC Villas the BC was just too crowded and hectic for us. The lobby was chaos all the time. We started staying at the BWI and loved it. The BWV don’t seem to have the impact that the BCV has on the resort core.
The whole Boardwalk resort is calmer and more pleasant. I think it’s because the restaurants and bustle is outside on the Boardwalk not in the lobby area. Boardwalk is also smaller so there just aren’t as many people.

We have stayed at both, but now always choose the Boardwalk. My kids are DD17 and DS11. They are swimmers and water park kids....my daughter swims on a USA team year round and both kids prefer the Boardwalk pool.

The only thing I like better at the BC is the location of the drink refills. I like it in the building. The BW, you have to go to the Bakery.

We have stayed at both, but now always choose the Boardwalk. My kids are DD17 and DS11. They are swimmers and water park kids....my daughter swims on a USA team year round and both kids prefer the Boardwalk pool.

The only thing I like better at the BC is the location of the drink refills. I like it in the building. The BW, you have to go to the Bakery.
That is true about the drinks, but I also thought that it was less hectic in the bakery to grab a drink versus the scene at to the Marketplace.

That is true about the drinks, but I also thought that it was less hectic in the bakery to grab a drink versus the scene at to the Marketplace.

I always find the Bakery drink area to be a mess. Anyone else notice that?

I HATE BWV. I'd stay anyplace rather than there.

Wow, that's the same reaction as DH had. He walked in and said to me, "Don't EVER make me stay here." Not sure why. Anyways, one big reason for me to prefer BC is that I can get QS without going outside. I've even gone over to both Beaches and Cream and the Market at Ale and Compass in the rain without getting wet. Try getting almost anything to eat at BWV without going outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter